Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to always open email ticket? Solution: Currently, there is no option to create a ticket, but this will be possible implemented during one of the next development cycles.

However, if there are no chat supporters currently working, then your query will end up as a ticket. If there are chat supporters working, though, then you will get a response within a minute or two and then they can move it into a ticket for you.

I'm not sure when will this be implemented though, because for the last few months our main focus was getting chat tickets first, because a vast amount of tickets are getting resolved within those chats and in a very quick turnaround time and the many of our clients are quite satisfied with this approach.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 17, 2019 at 7:10 am #4770563

alexanderA

Hello. This is an issue with the WPML forums. In the past few months, whenever I open a new ticket, there is inconsistent behavior when it comes to a live chat ticket, or an email ticket. I prefer to always open an email ticket (as has been the case for several years until now). But now, whenever I open a ticket, sometimes live chat opens, and other times an email ticket is created. I am never asked which type of ticket I want to create. It is annoying when a live chat ticket is created. I have to spend extra time waiting for chat to begin, then describing to the agent that I want to change it to an email ticket. When the live chat begins, there is no option for me to change it to an email ticket--I have to manually request it from the agent.

Thanks.

October 17, 2019 at 7:23 am #4770645

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok, here is the ticket now - let me know what you need assistance with.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 17, 2019 at 8:41 am #4771299

alexanderA

At this point, I would like to how to create an email ticket in the WPML forums. Sometimes, my ONLY option is live chat ticket.

October 17, 2019 at 11:08 am #4772783

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Currently, there is no option to create a ticket, but this will be possible implemented during one of the next development cycles. It seems like that the image I sent you is obsolete.

However, if there are no chat supporters currently working, then your query will end up as a ticket. If there are chat supporters working, though, then you will get a response within a minute or two and then they can move it into a ticket for you.

I'm not sure when will this be implemented though, because for the last few months our main focus was getting chat tickets first, because a vast amount of tickets are getting resolved within those chats and in a very quick turnaround time and the many of our clients are quite satisfied with this approach.

In any case, you can go the route above, but hopefully you will have no issues with WPML and no need to open support thread of any kind :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 18, 2019 at 8:49 am #4779565

alexanderA

OK. That is unfortunate.

>> If there are chat supporters working, though, then you will get a response within a minute or two and then they can move it into a ticket for you.

When this occurs, it creates extra work on my part. It's a little baffling why my tickets are automatically created as live chat, without any other option. Please submit my vote to implement such a feature as quickly as possible.

October 18, 2019 at 10:06 am #4780529

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'm afraid that the management has decided otherwise at the moment. Let me provide you their reply:

"For the near future we will not add an option for clients to decide if to open a tickets or chats - the last months clear conclusion is that chat had improved our support in all measurable levels and the vast majority of clients are happy with it".

Also:

"There are two and a half cases in which clients can end up with an email ticket (and not chat):
1- when we do not have availability in chat they have an option to not wait and report a ticket
2 - asking for it in the chat
2.5 - reporting an issue (opening chat) and abandoning it - then we (assigned supporter) should convert to a ticket"

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 18, 2019 at 10:08 am #4780537

alexanderA

OK thanks for that. Out of those two and a half cases, I think I'll have to make do with case 1 or case 2.5. We can consider this resolved.

October 18, 2019 at 10:23 am #4780629

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, sounds like it, no other ways as it seems.

Regards,
Bruno Kos