Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 19, 2021 at 12:46 pm #9818619

jelleM-2

Hello,

I already have added about 100 products.

A large number of these products have the same short product description and product description. Also future products will have the same product descriptions.

So instead of having to upload a translation (in 3 languages) of these description to all of my products, is there a way have a translation (of a short description and description) applied to all products sharing the same description?

I don't think using CSV upload will work, as I already have the products and images installed (unless I can use the CSV import plugin to 'add/edit' translated description content of existing products without having to import content that does not need to change, e.g. images, title, categories, price,. etc...)

On a seperate question: how do I translate text entered in the HTML editor? (used in the Kadence Theme)

Thank you for your help,

Jelle

October 19, 2021 at 12:52 pm #9818663

jelleM-2

Re. question how to translate content entered in HTML editor, see screenshot attached.

(Just in case you wondered: this HTML sets my menu links. I don't want to use normal menu tools for this, for reasons too hard to explain...)

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 2.50.13 pm.png
October 19, 2021 at 1:50 pm #9819113

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there, Jelle.

Unfortunately, I don't see any viable option or any existing functionality that could help you accomplish that with WPML out of the box.

My recommendation is to either hire a developer or a WPML contractor (https://wpml.org/contractors/).

In regards to the other question (thank you for the screenshot by the way as it helped me understand better where you have that HTML living), it looks like it is part of the theme options (customizer) so you should be able to search for that content, find it and translate it as shown in the documentation URL below:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

That should help! 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei