Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kathrynT-2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
November 4, 2022 at 10:59 am #12380695

kathrynT-2

I have a bunch of pages that I am working on, they are not ready to be published yet.

I want to know the best workflow when it comes to publishing multilingual pages that are created in advance of publishing, as I am finding that if I translate a page when it's status is draft or is password protected, then when I publish the page, the translations will remain as draft or password protected and it is not clear how to update them.

It is not ideal to publish English (or whatever main language is) and then translate afterwards.

Thank you

November 4, 2022 at 11:27 am #12381177

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

You are looking for sync status feature.

At the moment, we have no plans for providing this feature.

However, if you don't need a fancy solution, you may want to look at this small plugin (please, before using it, read the disclaimer in the README.md file).

hidden link

The plugin, once installed and activated, will keep the post status of the translations in sync with the original.

If you need more than the feature the plugin provides, you are free to fork it and create a version that suits your need.

You can also hire a contractor if you prefer.
(https://wpml.org/contractors/)

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

November 4, 2022 at 3:07 pm #12383479

kathrynT-2

Great. I like the sound of the plugin. However, if I wanted to proceed without one, what would be your recommended method of getting everything synced manually once the main language version gets published?

Thanks again

November 4, 2022 at 3:14 pm #12383579

Andreas

Thank you for your reply.

I have provided a working solution in order to achieve what you need.

We are having this custom plugin, because we are not having any other solution right now.

Our development team knows about this feature, but as I told you we are having no plans for the implementation.

I hope you can understand.

Regards,
Andreas

November 4, 2022 at 3:19 pm #12383613

kathrynT-2

Thanks. I understand and will most likely use the plugin.

What I mean is. What is the method to make the translated versions change their status without the plugin – do you have to edit the translation and then click publish on each one or something?

November 4, 2022 at 3:25 pm #12383639

Andreas

Now I understand my apologies.

Yes exactly, you need to go and change manually the status for each post.

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.