This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John-Pierre Cornelissen 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
October 19, 2018 at 10:33 am

John-Pierre Cornelissen

I am trying to:
Cancel translation jobs that have been sent to the TextMaster translation service.

TextMaster instructions are to cancel the jobs on their end, then go in WPML translation management » Translation jobs and click the [Synchronize status] button. I did that, but the jobs remain listed.

I also tried the [Check status and get translations] on the translation dashboard as well as in the settings, but that button doesn't do anything, it keeps saying "Last check: never"

And when I open the content update log, there are no recent entries from after I clicked these buttons.

I expected to see:
Jobs being removed from the Translation jobs list

Instead, I got:
Jobs stay in the list

October 19, 2018 at 11:15 am #2831770

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I have checked your batches on our TP server, and once we request to synchronize status with TextMaster to update the job status, we got this "error: TextMaster Client Error: 404 Not Found" so it seems that our TP couldn't find your project on TextMaster, so have you only cancelled the jobs, or you have deleted the entire project from TextMaster?

I can cancel these jobs for you directly on our TP server, so can you please let me know which batches you want to cancel, you can give me their names.

Also, I will consult our TP team about the error and will let you know if any updates.

Best Regards.

October 19, 2018 at 11:25 am #2831787

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hi,

I deleted them as per instruction from TextMasters manual (see attached).
» Should I tell them to change their manual to Cancel the job?
» If WPML receives 404 should it not simply cancel the job, or show the error message and allow to manually cancel it?

Yes can you please cancel them on the TP server?
* Batch Name: Restaurant The Pantry|WPML|nl
* Batch Name: Restaurant The Pantry|WPML|nl-IT-SP
* Batch Name: Restaurant The Pantry|WPML|NL-FR
* Batch Name: Restaurant The Pantry|WPML|-NL-DE

Thank you!
JP

October 19, 2018 at 2:59 pm #2832498

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

We have cancelled these batches for you, so can you please go to WPML -> Translations Management and click on the " Check status and get translations" button and let me know if it is ok now.

Best Regards.

October 19, 2018 at 3:59 pm #2832634

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hi,

Yes they are gone now. Thank you!

Is there a difference between:
- Translation Management » [Check status and get translations]
- Translation Management » Translation jobs » [Synchronize status]

So next time I should cancel @ TextMaster instead of delete?
And tell them to change their manual accordingly?

Can you add an improvement request for WPML so it doesn't get stuck if you delete a job at a translation service?

Many thanks for your help, again!
JP

October 19, 2018 at 4:19 pm #2832658

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

- Translation Management » Translation jobs » [Synchronize status]
This button is used to synchronize the jobs and get the translated files from the Translation Service and install it to our TP server.

- Translation Management » [Check status and get translations]
This button id to get the translations from our TP server and install it to your site.

Yes please, it will be good if you can tell TextMaster to change their manual.

Our dev team already investigating this case and they are trying to find a way to detect the batch deleted to cancel the related jobs automatically.

Best Regards.

October 19, 2018 at 4:34 pm #2832731

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Thanks,

So after I cancel a job at TextMaster, so I need to use the [Check status and get translations] button or the [Synchronize status] button that they mention in their manual?

Also, why would I want to use [Synchronize status] if it only fetches the jobs and then leave them on your TP server?

Thanks
JP

October 22, 2018 at 2:43 pm #2838492

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

The process for that should be done automatically, once the TS finish the translation it should be downloaded automatically to the TP, so this button is for troubleshooting, if there is any problems happened, we use this button to manually synchronize the jobs between TS an TP.

Best Regards.

Best Regards.

October 22, 2018 at 4:24 pm #2838976

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Thanks for explaining. Very confusing these two buttons. Especially because they don't make clear what they actually do. As an end user, all I want is to get the translations. I don't care if the translations are at the TS or the TP, I just want to get them. For end users it only makes sense to have a single [Check status and get translations] button.

If the other button is just for technical trouble shooting then it I think that option should be on the support page.

That's just my 2c to make it more userfriendly 😉

JP

October 22, 2018 at 4:42 pm #2839024

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will pass them to the dev team, and will ask them to enhance it.
If everything is ok now, please close this ticket and feel free to open a new one if you got any other issues.

Best Regards.

October 22, 2018 at 4:44 pm #2839026

John-Pierre Cornelissen

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!