Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mamdouh 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mamdouh.

Author Posts
November 9, 2020 at 6:56 pm #7410971

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This is Ahmed Mamdouh from the translation proxy team, and I'm here to help you with this issue.

After checking the Job (759320) we found that its status is waiting_translations, So I canceled it, but you need to re-authenticate the Translation service (Nativy) using the credentials you already used before, then click on the "check status and get translation" button to get the updates.

Please let me know if you still have any other issues.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

November 11, 2020 at 3:19 pm #7426415

mehrabH

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your message. I tried to login to the account I created on the translation service, Nativy, but unfortunately I received an error message when I tried to login. I've uploaded 2 screenshots so you can see. The error is written in German and says that their system does not recognize my email address.
Previously, I engaged Nativy with my h.mehrab2016@gmail.com login and through their website, I was able to get 2 API codes to authenticate my website and translation request. However, from that point, I waited nearly a week for them to complete the translation. They never completed it so I decided I would do the translation on my own which is why I tried to cancel this translation request to Nativy on the WPML plugin panel. This did not work.
Though I did manage to "de-authenticate" the link between WMPL and Nativy.
I've tried contacting Nativy in order to re-authenticate my connection and get the API code so that WMPL could complete the cancellation of the translation job. Nativy said its no longer possible for them to re-authenticate as they that no longer have record of me.

All I need is for my website's homepage to be UNBLOCKED. Would deleting the WPML plugin and reinstalling it solve this problem? If so, do I risk losing any information?

Best,
Mehrab

November 11, 2020 at 6:49 pm #7428093

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I understand the situation now, you are no longer dealing with the translation service and you want to translate the page by yourself, so there no need to delete WPML, All you need is to follow the following steps to translate pages locally:

1-Add yourself as a translator by going to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Roles tab then click on the "+ Add translator" button and add yourself as a translator.

2-Send the page to the translation by going to WPML -> Translation Management and select the page the click on the "add to translation basket" button.

3- Click on the translation basket tab that just appeared, and select yourself from the translator dropdown menu then click on "send all items for translation"

4- Go to WPML -> Translations then click on the translate button beside the job and start translating it, and don't forget to mark the"translation completed" check box beneath every translation section.

5- Then click save & close and the translation will be ready.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.