Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by baerbel-ingeborgZ 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 3, 2020 at 5:36 am #7364037

baerbel-ingeborgZ

How to connect the sites for the automatic translation

November 4, 2020 at 3:59 am #7372191

Riffaz

Hi,

We are checking this internally.
I will update to you again later today.

Regards,

November 5, 2020 at 2:26 pm #7387135

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, i linked the sites together, however please note that:

1) You should have your sites correctly registered with valid WPML Licenses
2) In order to link more sites or unlink them from your organization (so you share the credits you had) you need to have a valid subscription which you don't have.

You should be able to use your credits now, however.

Regards.

November 7, 2020 at 7:28 am #7398163

baerbel-ingeborgZ

Dear Alexandro
I do have a valid Multilingual CMS for life subscription for 2 sites so what is this talk about not having a valid subscription? You can see it in my account hota@housetextilearts.eu. Just because I switched my main site (this happens from time to time to everyone I am sure when you have to build up a new site and kill the old one). So please clarify what you mean me not having a valid subscription.
And my staging website dev.housetextilearts.eu (registered in my account) is still not connected and I can still not connect it myself as that section still does not exist on the main website. There are so many credits left in my account, I would really hate to have to buy new ones and there are a lot of words in the memory. So please get your ATE-department get this going as quickly as possible. I just do not understand why this does not work !!
Kind regards
Baerbel

November 7, 2020 at 12:49 pm #7399041

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

In order to explain myself better, i kindly ask you to please read this guide first: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/

- You have credits which i can guess come from the old method of working we had in the past (and that's ok)

- You should already have them in your site and your dev site as well (but if you don't please allow me access to them so i can check why).

- However, you might not be able to see them unless you access a page with the Advanced translation editor enabled.

- You can't connect sites or anything because to do that you need to have an active Automatic translation membership, which you don't seem to have at this moment (as the link above explains)

- What i meant about the WPML subscription is not that it isn't valid, but that your site has an incorrect license assigned to it. this probably happened because you changed your site from WWW to NON WWW or from HTTP to HTTPS, etc (there are many reasons why this could happen) and fixing this is easy:

+ Go to Plugins > Add New > Commercial
+ Deregister your site from there
+ Now try to register it but this time create the license automatically by clicking "my account" in the box where you can add the new license (it's a link in the text above the license box)

I hope i explained myself better now.

P.S: if you are still not seeing the credits, please allow me access to the sites so i can verify why is this happening and try to fix it for you.

November 7, 2020 at 2:57 pm #7399695

baerbel-ingeborgZ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!