Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Author Posts
November 29, 2018 at 2:22 pm #2952561

guillaumeF-8

Hi!

We're currently having different languages hosted on our website; english, british english, german, Spanish and dutch.

We have a dedicated news page, and I'm trying to do the following: Every time I create a new post in english, I want it to be displayed on the British page as well, without having to duplicate the post and ensure that the pictures didn't get lost in the process.

I would like to know how I can easily do that.

Ideally, I would prefer the british english news page to be a dupplicate of the original english one: as if it were the exact same page using the same posts, except with a different URL so the visitors aren't confused. Is that an option?

Thanks in advance!

November 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm #2953295

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi!

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

The main option to keep posts that are not translated similar to the original post would be to go to WPML ->Settings -> Multilingual Content Setup -> Post types Translation and change to option for posts to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language".

Take note that this option in your case only makes sense if your default language is English. This means that English will also show up in the other languages if the post is not translated.

Another solution for your mentioned issue would be only to duplicate your posts.

Take note that post duplication is only available for post types whose translation option is set to Translatable – only show translated items. Go to WPML -> Settings -> Multilingual Content Setup -> Post type translation. Then choose the option "Translatable - only show translated items" for your posts. Then click the "Save" at the bottom of this settings area.

When you edit any content (a post, page or custom post), you will see a set of checkboxes in the Language box. Select the languages you want to duplicate and click on the Duplicate button that appears. This option also should duplicate any images and media from your original post.

You can later edit that content and make it independent or turn existing translations into duplicates.

Alternatively, you can duplicate multiple posts and pages from the WPML -> Translation Management Dashboard page.

You can find a full documentation here:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Let me know if this solved your issue.

Best regards,
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] How to create dupplicated "posts" on some language pages and not others’ is closed to new replies.