Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by crystalC-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 3, 2019 at 9:32 am #4686381

crystalC-3

i follow the step to custom language switcher but the icon language switcher still in left, i'll make that to right side ,can you help me cos im not expert for coding.. thank you

October 3, 2019 at 9:37 am #4686505

crystalC-3

hello can someone help me ??

October 3, 2019 at 11:41 am #4687169

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. The possibility to add your language switcher on that position depends on your theme. Does your theme provides you the option to add a content (for example a widget) or some code exactly on the position that you wish?

You can use below code to show custom language switcher on specific position:

do_action('wpml_add_language_selector');

Here is doc for custom language switcher:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue

Thank you

October 4, 2019 at 7:02 am #4693155

crystalC-3

i was do like you say, but the language switcher icon still in left.

October 6, 2019 at 8:23 am #4701899

Noman
Supporter

To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

October 7, 2019 at 9:47 am #4705983

crystalC-3

how about i change the style of css ??

October 7, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4707823

Noman
Supporter

I have examined the source code of your site using browser console and I can see the menu language switcher is located on that position that you want to wish. You can fix it’s CSS by using below CSS:

.headermenu > ul {
	float:right;
	margin-right: 30px
}

.headermenu::after {
	content: "";
	clear: both;
	display: table;
}

.headermenu > ul > li.wpml-ls-item {
	display: inline-block !important;
	float:none !important;
	margin-right:20px
}

.headermenu > ul > li.wpml-ls-item > a {
    display: block;
}

And it will look as in the attached screenshot.

Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

October 7, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4709033
crystalC-3

Norman thanks a lot for your help, the problem is solve.
but i have the next problem in my gallery.
when i choose indonesia the gallery show the content, but when i choose english the gallery not show the conten, can you check whats the matter ? please

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-in-my-gallery/

October 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm #4709757

Noman
Supporter

Glad to see your language switcher position issue is resolved. To handle new issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue and we do not handle multiple issues in one same ticket as per support policy: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

Here is the link to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-in-my-gallery/

You may mark this ticket as resolved and we will continue to work on the new ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

October 8, 2019 at 7:12 am #4712717

crystalC-3

ok thank you Norman, i will let the problem to new ticket .

October 8, 2019 at 7:16 am #4712733

crystalC-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!