Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 20, 2016 at 9:50 am #886916

Weeboo

I am trying to delete jus categories for the english versions, because I don't have post for this language anymore, and google is telling me I have duplicated content with these categories.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

If I try to delete one category from posts categories, I delete the category for both languages

May 20, 2016 at 2:34 pm #887156

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please go to Posts -> Categories and then click on the language of the category that you want to delete. Then, check the box for the category the you want deleted and from the Bulk actions drop down, select Delete. This will delete just the translated category.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

June 1, 2016 at 11:06 am #894523

Weeboo

Last time I did this, all the categories were deleted and I had to restore a database backup.

However now it's worked, maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks

June 1, 2016 at 1:02 pm #894659

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

I'm glad to hear it worked for you this time 🙂

If the problem is resolved, please close this thread. If you encounter any other issues feel free to open up a new ticket and we will be happy to assist you.