This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
November 28, 2013 at 9:53 am #299209

OlivierL

Hi there

I installed few weeks ago WPML Media on my client website and run it with the default settings.
That created a duplicate for each language of the 1364 photos of the website. This has created lots of issues with photos not displaying on pages. I'd like to reverse the process and delete all duplicate photos of the media library keeping only English but I need to do that in one-go not by selecting for each page of 20 photos and use the delete permanently function.

How can I do that? maybe from somewhere on the server? I'm not a web designer, just an SEO consultant and marketing manager for these people.

Thanks by advance for your help,
Olivier

PS- here is a picture of the status of the library
hidden link

November 28, 2013 at 11:48 am #299316

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Eric,

Feel free to open an additional ticket for the original problem with the photos (if you not done already).
Let talk to our developers about this.

"Media duplication" means basically that extra database records were added in tables "wp_posts" and "wp_postmeta".
If these records are removed the "duplication" is gone.

November 28, 2013 at 1:27 pm #299397

OlivierL

Hi Andrea

As I said i'm not a web designer, I found the "wp-posts" and "wp-postmeta" in the database but is there a way to easily identify these records for one language and remove them? because the amount of records is huge and I want to make sure I only remove the right ones, not the english ones which need to remain.

Thanks by advance for your help. I appreciate.

November 29, 2013 at 11:06 am #299879

Harshad

Dear Eric,

I have sent you email.

I have attached a dev version of WPML media plugin, please remove the existing WPML media plugin, then upload and activate the WPMLmedia plugin.

Let me know if this helps.

December 2, 2013 at 8:10 am #300590

OlivierL

Dear Harshad,

I removed the old media plugin, uploaded and activated the DEV version but no changes. The issue remains. See for example top 6 photos on that page don' t display but they are in the page when you edit it. hidden link

December 2, 2013 at 12:02 pm #300765

Harshad

Dear Eric,

I have enabled private details box, which will ask you for ftp and wordpress admin details.
Can you please fill in the details, which will help me to further investigate on your issue(s).

December 2, 2013 at 3:56 pm #300971

OlivierL

Hi Harshad

I filled the FTP details as requested

December 3, 2013 at 7:16 am #301245

Harshad

Dear Eric,

Sorry I am not able to connect to your site I am getting "The connection was reset" error.

December 5, 2013 at 11:54 am #302846

OlivierL

Hi Harshad

Apparently there are some issues at Hostgator but if you use as Host this IP : 192.185.4.100 (password: support101)
you should be able to access it. I just tested it and it works for me.

Thanks by advance,
Olivier

December 8, 2013 at 9:43 am #303902

Harshad

Dear Eric,

Sorry for delay, Still I am not able to connect to ftp.

December 9, 2013 at 6:11 am #304172

OlivierL

Hi Harshad,

I don't know what's your problem but when I use for Host the IP address I gave you + username: olivier@eliplay.eu and the password given on Dec 5th, it works. I can connect.

Please check it out with a colleague if you can't access it because my client is becoming impatient.

Kind regards,
Olivier

December 9, 2013 at 1:21 pm #304413

Harshad

Dear Olivier,

I have tried on different machines and also checked with my colleagues, Now FTP works but wordpress admin still not working.

Please check the attached screenshot.

December 9, 2013 at 3:40 pm #304486

OlivierL

Well I've been accessing it all day, Harshard so what can I tell you?
I'm not happy about how this issue is handled. I guess i will try to reach out to Mercedes to see if she can make anything happen here because I'm getting now a pissed off client and no solution.

December 10, 2013 at 10:15 am #304916

Harshad

Dear Eric

I am forwarding this issue to Support Team Leader Sarah.
She should get back to you on your issue asap.

Please standby for further updates.

December 10, 2013 at 10:36 am #304934

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Eric,

This is Sarah here.

I understand you want to do the following:

"
I'd like to reverse the process and delete all duplicate photos of the media library keeping only English but I need to do that in one-go not by selecting for each page of 20 photos and use the delete permanently function.
"

You will need an sql query for this which I have to write first. I'll get back to you as soon as I have it together.

P.S You plugins need to be updated and I would suggest that you do not neglect this You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to delete in one go all photos duplicates in various languages’ is closed to new replies.