Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to show more than 100 strings at once (String Translation) Solution: If you set to show 100 through the dropdown, the url would be like: wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-string-translation%2Fmenu%2Fstring-translation.php&strings_per_page=100. And then try changing this number directly within the URL to something like 500. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/is-there-a-way-to-delete-more-than-100-strings-at-1-time/#post-1212562

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 23, 2019 at 8:03 pm #3235696

hooiC

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to delete a mass of unwanted string within the domain. for eg i select under domain: default and select "translation needed", i have to delete 100 strings per page. For default we have more than 5000 strings! is there a quick way of deleting unwanted strings? if i try to delete all of them except those which are completed, the system hangs!

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

February 25, 2019 at 9:01 am #3238529

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you check this link? I believe this will give you an exact answer.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-find-delete-waiting-for-translations-strings/#post-1244576

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 25, 2019 at 9:24 am #3238665

hooiC

Hi Bruno

The case was not shown to have fixed the issue. Also, I don't understand what I have to do. you have to write a script somewhere? I am not technical. please clarify.

February 25, 2019 at 9:47 am #3238740

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

The thing is the following:
- this can be done through database (however it is not a easy procedure)
- delete them directly through String Translation

There is no automatic feature that would wipe them all I'm afraid. However, you can display more results in the following way - within Select strings within domain: select the domain (as it would show less strings at once) and click Display all results.

However, there's another trick a client suggested:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/is-there-a-way-to-delete-more-than-100-strings-at-1-time/#post-1212562

So if you set to show 100 through the dropdown, the url would be like:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-string-translation%2Fmenu%2Fstring-translation.php&strings_per_page=100

And then try changing this number directly within to something like 500.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 25, 2019 at 6:12 pm #3241560

hooiC

the method has worked .thank you!