This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 12:49 pm #4119097

deepakP

your Editor(the side by side translator) is not working well for the publication pages that we have on our website.
in your previous version, I could go to setting and disable, but now I can't manage to find the option to turn it off.

I like to use manual WordPress translating feature for publications page instead of your Editor.

July 1, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4119175

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

If you want to select WordPress editor for translating your site, you can do it directly from every page or post (screenshot).

Does it help?

Best regards,
Andrés

July 1, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4119249

deepakP

Thanks Andres,
I do turn of this option and don't want to use WPML editor, but when I click on the manual translation button, it again takes me to WPML editor which doesn't show all fields correctly.

see attached picture.

July 16, 2019 at 5:05 am #4216299

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Sorry for the long delay in answering but something went wrong with the status of your ticket and the system didn't detect it. 🙁

For answering your question, once you start translating a page with our Editor, you need to translate it 100% in order to change to another editor. Thus, for those pages:
- Mark all fields as translated until you reach the 100%.
- Save your translation and close.
- Open it again, you should be using now the WordPress editor.

In case it you would like to start using WPML editor, we can also check what is happening with the field that is not appearing.

Regards