This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by raymondL-6 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 2:08 am #4470297

raymondL-6

I am trying to: Use plugins(table by supsystic) to display products, want to make it language dependence

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Chinese version site to have chinese product description and Eng version site to have Eng description.

Instead, I got: Website display all language versions of the product

August 28, 2019 at 3:37 pm #4475619

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

It seems that this plugin is not compatible with our code yet.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

For these cases, we ask that you please install and configure this plugin on our sandbox site here:
hidden link

This site has already been configured with WPML and Woocommerce with some products.

Please create an example case that illustrates the problem you are having. I can then escalate this to our comaptibility team for further work.

THanks for your assistance in this.

August 29, 2019 at 2:51 am #4477469

raymondL-6

Hi, I install and configure this plugin on sandbox site, Thx

Product page
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

Problematic page
-I want chinese version site to have chinese product description and Eng version site to have Eng description, Thx
hidden link

August 29, 2019 at 11:39 am #4480569

Yvette
Supporter

Thank you so much for setting up such a clear example.

I was able to confirm the issue and your ticket is now transferred to the compatibility team for more work/investigation.

You should be advised that compatibiltiy tickets can take a while to resolve...and sometimes there may be no resolution at all. This is because the solution ultimately depends on the availability and willingness of the plugin authors to work with our team. There is usually coding changes required in their plugin that they alone can execute.

Be assured that if we are able to find a workaround, we will share that solution with you but with the caveat that the solution is provided "as is" and with no further support for it from us. We do not have the policy of changing code that is not written by our own programmers.

To help your issue get resolved faster, you might contact the plugin author yourself and ask the to join our GoGlobal program here
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Now that the issue is with our compatibility team, you should keep track of the progress by writing back from time to time...but the best way is to work with your plugin author to get the solution created.

Kind regards

August 29, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4481125

raymondL-6

Thank you for your help. When do I know the result?

August 29, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4481803

Yvette
Supporter

Hello - it´s hard to say.

A lot of factors are taken into account including the complexity of the issue, the priority of the work , the current workload of both sets of developers.

As I mentioned before, you shoudl get in touch with the plugin authors to contact us throught the GoGlobal program. These requests are ususally attended to quickly.

August 30, 2019 at 6:44 am #4484947

raymondL-6

Ok, Thx

August 30, 2019 at 6:45 am #4484951

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Our compatibility team responded with the following:

When creating the table it is required to select the products to include. There, you have all the products in all the languages.

Then the table is stored in a custom table that includes all the selected products IDs.

A possible workaround is to create "a table per language" and display them using different shortcodes in each langauge page version.

Is this a suitable workaround for you?

August 30, 2019 at 9:57 am #4486059

raymondL-6

Thank you! The problem is solved

August 30, 2019 at 9:58 am #4486163

raymondL-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!