This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Anthony 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 9:53 pm #2791755

Anthony

Hi,

I am trying to translate Elementor templates I created but WPML seems to translate only the name of the page/template and doesn't provide a copy/duplicate of the page to work on.

It is like starting all again from 0 which is not ideal. I am sure I missed something, but don't know what step exactly, would you mind advicing on that please?

Best Thanks,

Anthony

October 8, 2018 at 7:26 pm #2797172

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you use the admin language switcher at the top of the dashboard, you should be able to see the native WordPress editor and you can edit the template using the Elementor page builder from that screen.

Also, please make sure your website meets the minimum requirements found here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 17, 2018 at 12:31 pm #2824580

Anthony

Hello Lauren,

Thank you for your support and advice, it is well apreciated.

I will double check if I see and can activate the language switcher as soon as possible and let you know if this worked.

Best Thoughts,

Anthony

August 13, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4388819

Anthony

Hi Lauren,

Actually we would like to duplicate the page...
Would you be able to help follow those steps?

We have an elementor page > duplicate its content [while keeping the design in place] > translate it manually with our team.

Right now, when we click on the + button to translate it destroys all the elementor styling and we have to start from scratch...

Best Thanks 🙂