Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We are using ACF fields in Gutenberg blocks, and some fields of the blocks have their translation preferences set to "Copy", because we won't need them to be translated.

Solution: This issue was fixed with ACF Multilingual 1.8.0 release.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
June 5, 2020 at 5:31 pm #6307627

vincentH-17

We are using ACF fields in Gutenberg blocks, and some fields of the blocks have their translation preferences set to "Copy", because we won't need them to be translated.

However, when we create translation jobs with the Translation Management Plugin, the key/value pair of these fields still appear in the translation editor and in the XLIFF exports.

Is there a workaround to make these fields neither shown nor exported during the translation process, for this special case?

Thanks in advance,

BR
Etienne

Screenshot_1.jpg
June 8, 2020 at 10:46 am #6319941

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Etienne,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

Please apologize for the delay in answering. This is not usual in this forum. While one of my teammates takes care of your case I will provide you with the first debugging steps.

Fields set to copy should not be in the XLIFF file.

After changing the field to copy, have you updated the original content and resend the job to translation? If not, please try that. The XLIFF file will not be updated without resending.

Let us know if it helps.
Kind regards,

Otto

June 11, 2020 at 10:38 am #6349951

vincentH-17

Hi,

No problem, I totally understand, thanks for your answer!

In the meantime, I found on the French WPML support forum the following post, which seems to be exactly the same issue as mine, not resolved yet : https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/exclusion-dun-champ-acf-avec-acfml/

I have tried several times the following process:
- Set my ACF block fields translation preferences to "Copy", in ACF > Field groups
- Open the post with fields set to "Copy" and save it
- Go to WPML > Translation management > Select the post > Translate
- In the translation cart, I click on "Send items to translation"
- In WPML > Translations, I choose the new job and I click on "Export to XLIFF 1.2".

To repeat the process, I cancelled everytime the jobs in Translation Management, and even removed the Packages in WPML > Packages.

I have also applied the process using the Advanced and Classic WPML editors, in which the fields were still included.

I even came to reset the entire WPML configuration, deleting the plugin, database entries, etc, still no success.

I've found a temporary solution in my CAT translation tool which consists in locking the copied segments to exclude them from translation.

It is OK for now for my current project, but I guess a nice workaround could be to exclude all fields set to "Copy" from XLIFF and both WPML editors (advanced and classic).

I'm available if you need more info.

Thanks,
Etienne

June 11, 2020 at 4:03 pm #6352573

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The ticket you mentioned above is already reported in our backlog. It also describes that "Copy" is not respected on both our editors. So that's already reported to our devs.

I will add your case to the backlog, so we can inform you once this is solved.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 19, 2021 at 10:59 am #8571387

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

this issue was fixed with ACF Multilingual 1.8.0. If you have further problems with this issue in that release, please create a new ticket for it.

Best Regards
Marcel