This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by garyF-7 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 5:25 pm #3727681

garyF-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am doing the CSVs for multivariable product and even though the it works (the multi variable product) they are not linked together and I have used the connector. You can see the picture. And i have also specify the connector between the product in the WPML option during the import.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Your documentation and the one of WP all import

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

May 3, 2019 at 10:12 am #3732943

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

WP All imports team has detailed documentation on how to import Variable product, Please refer hidden link

The above link also gives you a detailed explanation on how to create Excel file for the import refer to the section "Part 3: Setting Up An Excel File To Import Product Variations"

The link has almost all the information needed to make the import work they have also given sample CSV files so that you can compare that with your CSV file.

There is a lot of information that needs to be addressed while doing these imports, hence I suggest that you go through the above link.

Kind regards
Raja

May 9, 2019 at 7:47 am #3773851

garyF-7

Thank you very much for your help,

I have read all the documentation and watch the videos, however it is not clear wether for the variable products we need to put the connector for each variation or just put it one time.

I have tried with both way but even though all my product get correctly imported in both language they are not linked together.

Is there an example of CSV file with variable products and connector ?

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 12:20 pm #3776057

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Gary,

The link I have provided also has the example CSV files with examples. Please refer again hidden link They have provided examples for various methods to link variation product.

Please scroll down to the section "Linking Multiple Variations Together To Form A Variable Product" in the above link

Kind regards
Raja

May 13, 2019 at 9:29 pm #3801693

garyF-7

I understand that, I follow exactly the tutorial of WMPL and the simple and variable product import works perfectly, the problem I encounter concerns the connector. Even with the simple products, I follow you tutorial step by step:
- Adding connector for each product on both files.
- Importing the first one in the main language (everything works).
- Importing the second one by defining the other language and the parent import by putting the connector variable.
=> The product gets imported in the correct language and when I go in the WPML tab in Woocommerce, they are not linked even though I have followed exactly your procedure...

I really don't understand what I am doing wrong. I can give you the link if you want I am using a WP sandbox with the WPML plugin on it to make tests a be sure that everything will be working.

I also give you the images of my two very simple file with only two simple products and the connector as well as the image showing that the product are not linked together...

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for bothering you

May 14, 2019 at 5:53 am #3803779

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

it seems like you are missing the connector when the import asks for the translation, The connector should be linked in two places when you try to import the secondary translation, Once when you choose the second language the "Automatic Record Matching to Translate section" will ask for the connector and the same to add in the unique identifier section.

If you are unclear please share the CSV files let me try it in my local setup.

Kind regards
Raja

May 22, 2019 at 7:55 am #3862705

garyF-7

Thank you for your help and sorry for the time I took to respond.