This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 6:55 am #3795499

bahareM-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? Some terms on my backend have been translated from English and I want to make it all English again

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

May 13, 2019 at 8:37 am #3796083

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! ?

You can change your backend language from Users>Your Profile Language : hidden link

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied to your user.
If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify this.
Otherwise, the backend will be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

And for your front end language you can change / select it here : WPML > Languages > Site Languages > change default language : hidden link

Hope, this will help you.

Let me know the results please.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 13, 2019 at 8:39 am #3796109

bahareM-2

Hi Riffaz,
I've done this already but I am still having the same issue. The odd thing is that some of the backend is in English and other parts have been translated

May 13, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3800413

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

This is strange then.

Some other plugin or theme loading wrong MO files maybe.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

If nothing helps we have to check this in a fresh installation.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] How to I change backend language back to English’ is closed to new replies.