This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 10:17 am #2799420

georgK-9

When I edit the pages and want to view/edit the pages in a specific language (here: Japanese), I use the language switcher to change to that language.
All menu items also switch to Japanese, although I've checked the Admin language to be kept in English. Unfortunately it's quite difficult to work with the admin panel when it keeps switching to all these languages. How can I tell WordPress/WPML that the admin panel should be displayed in English only?

October 10, 2018 at 3:26 am #2802902

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

You can go to Users ->Profile and add the language you wanted to add as your admin languages to view the admin language in your preferred languages.

I can see that you have set this fields correctly, but you have also enabled "Set admin language as editing language." on User->Profile -> WPML language settings, could you please disable this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks