This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 8:28 am #3832301

gaillardt-2

Hi,

For the purpose of my website, users will be able to submit post and edit their own post. In order to translate properly those futures edited posts, is there a way to know if the original post was edited by the user so I can tell my translators too look at the new content and translate it ?

Best regards,
Thomas Billaud

May 17, 2019 at 8:47 am #3832477

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I made a quick search and found a plugin that might be pretty helpful for what you're looking for https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-last-modified-info/. Please give it a try and tell me if this is what you wanted to have.

Thanks,
Radu

May 17, 2019 at 9:12 am #3832623

gaillardt-2

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. This plugin seems to send email notification when a change occured in a post. This is almost what I need. Is there a way to send email notifications only when the post in the original language is edited ?

Regards,
Thomas

May 20, 2019 at 11:19 am #3846325

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Thomas,

I see what you'd like to do but I'm afraid that that the WPML plugin doesn't have an option for that. Creating a system for sending a notification anytime a post from the original language is edited would require some custom coding but this is out side of our support scope. If you want, you can find here a list of contractors that are familiar with WPML and might be able to help you with this kind of job https://wpml.org/contractors/.

Regards,
Radu