This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 5:22 am #4484751

vivianK-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to put different video layout in every language. In english language, it should only one column video and in Vietnam I want to add two columns with two videos.

I can do it through beaver builder editor but if I go to Vietnam Translation page and save it, the Layout I made will disappear.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
see this screenshot for English hidden link
and this should be for Vietnam hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Is there any possible way to do this without disappearing the layout after saving the Page translation?

August 30, 2019 at 11:36 am #4486855

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I think you are using WPML translation editor to translate your contents, In such case, the layout will be copied by default. To have a different layout for translation you need to switch to manual translation mode and re-build the layout for translation.

1)To switch to the manual translation mode, open a page that you want to translate. In the Language box, turn off WPML’s Translation Editor switch found in the Translate this Document section.

2) In the Use the WordPress Editor to translate pop-up dialog that appears, select This page option.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

September 2, 2019 at 8:51 am #4495417

vivianK-2

Ok, I'll try. But just to be clear, it's really just one additional section I'm adding to the translated page, not really a different layout at all. For just one minor change is it really necessary to do it this way?

September 2, 2019 at 11:38 am #4496627

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Yes, with WPML translation editor users don't have the option to edit the layout, it will be copied from the default language.

If you wish to add or remove a section in the translation then manual translation mode as described in my previous reply is the only way to go.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you need further assitance.

September 2, 2019 at 11:42 am #4496635

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Yes, with WPML translation editor users don't have the option to edit the layout, it will be copied from the default language.

If you wish to add or remove a section in the translation then manual translation mode as described in my previous reply is the only way to go.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you need further assitance.