Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client is trying to translate the login page.

Solution: The registration/login pages are part of the WordPress core. If you want to translate the content, you can upload the .mo files for your secondary languages. Then go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization and click "Check for Updates" and apply the changes for each of your secondary languages. Also, if you run into URL format problems you can try to change the language URL format to language as a parameter from WPML -> Languages.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by pimH 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 11, 2016 at 2:13 pm #999606

Krzysztof

I am trying to: make login page for 5 different languages. How I can do that? Can I prepare login page in different languages?

August 11, 2016 at 2:45 pm #999661

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The registration/login pages are part of the WordPress core. If you want to translate the content, you an upload the .mo files for your secondary languages. Then go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization and click "Check for Updates" and apply the changes for each of your secondary languages.

If you want to add customization or translate manually, you would need to install some kind of login plugin and then go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization and scan the plugin for strings. Then translate the strings in WPML -> String Translation.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

August 11, 2016 at 7:51 pm #1000229

Krzysztof

Hi
Looks great, please let me know if you can how I can add language switcher into login page?

August 11, 2016 at 8:39 pm #1000273

Lauren
Supporter

Here is the WordPress hooks & ways to customize the login: https://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Login_Form then you can use our PHP or shortcode to add the language switcher:

<?php do_action('wpml_add_language_selector'); ?>

<?php echo do_shortcode('wpml_language_selector_widget]'); ?>

August 13, 2016 at 5:51 am #1001968

Krzysztof

Hi
Last question: please let me know that when I want to use shortcode: <?php echo do_shortcode('wpml_language_selector_widget]'); ?> should I modify theme file, or I can just copy and paste in proper place e.g. page text editor?

August 15, 2016 at 12:42 pm #1003210

Lauren
Supporter

When you add the code <?php echo do_shortcode('wpml_language_selector_widget]'); ?> you will want to add it to your theme file where you want the language switcher to display. I recommend creating a child theme so that when you update you current theme, the added code will not get overwritten.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

August 19, 2016 at 11:47 am #1010489

Krzysztof

Hi
I followed your tips:
1. I uploaded the .mo files for your secondary languages into wp-content/languages/
2. I go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization and click "Check for Updates" and apply the changes for each of your secondary languages.
But when I go to login page e.g. domain.com/pl/wp-login.php I see 404 error.
How I can find login page in different languages?

August 19, 2016 at 5:07 pm #1011029

Lauren
Supporter

It should work with that domain if you have languages set to directories.

For testing can you change the language url format to language as a parameter from wpml -> languages? Then see if you can view the page at /wp-login.php?action=register&lang=pl

August 19, 2016 at 5:49 pm #1011161

Krzysztof

Hi
I will do that, and I have different pages with login button but only one login page.
You can check it here:
hidden link
p.s. Domanin adress is for your information only.

August 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm #1011373

Krzysztof

Hi
I find that your tips work, thank you

August 19, 2016 at 7:37 pm #1011445

Krzysztof

Hi again
I find a problem I cannot use that permalink structure (&lang=pl) because I am using BuddyPress Multilingual plugin. Can I find login page for different language in that permalink structure?

April 20, 2017 at 9:08 am #1257802

pimH

Hi Support,

I was reading this thread as I like to build something similar. However, my WP is installed in dutch and we would like to add english as a secondary language.

In this scenario is it still necessary to use .mo files? I am asking since the original WP is already in english.

Do you expect the login page in english to work out of the box when I add the WPML plugin and add the second language?

Thanks in advance!

Pim