Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 18, 2017 at 7:04 am #1374699

jamesW-8

Hi,

I have 5 languages in my blog. EN (default) , IN ( uses English Lang. only), DE , Fr and PT-BR.

I don't want IN language anymore, need to remove this IN language completely and should move all the posts , pages , categories and tags from IN to default EN language.

How can i do it?

Regards,
Z

September 18, 2017 at 11:30 am #1375078

Joanna

Hello @jamesw-8,

First of all, make sure that all categories and tags that you use for IN exist in EN as well, and that they are properly connected with each other.

When you have your categories and tags ready, you need to remove the connection between IN posts (or pages) and posts (or pages) in other languages, and then, change the language of the posts/pages.

To disconnect two posts (or pages), you need to:
1. Open the translation for editing.
2. In the Language section (top right), you will see the "This is a translation of" option where, from the drop-down menu, you can disconnect the post by choosing "--None--" (translation-of.png).

To change the language of the post (or page), you need to:
1. Open the post (or page) for editing.
2. In the Language section (top right), you will see the "Language of this page" option where, from the drop-down menu, you can choose the correct post (or page) language (language-of-this.png).
3. A pop-up window will appear where you need to confirm the changes.

If you had your categories and tags correctly translated and connected with each other, you should have them correctly assigned to the post (or page) after changing the language.

In addition, if you want to connect two posts, you need to:
1. Open one of these posts for editing.
2. In the Language section (top right), you will see the "Connect with translations" link (connect-with-translations.png). Click it.
3. You will have the option to choose a post in another language to connect with your currently opened post. Just start typing the title of the other post and the drop-down menu will appear (post-to-assign.png). Then, click the "Ok" button.
4. The confirmation pop-up will appear. There, you can choose which post is the original one (connect-this-post.png).
5. To finish the process, click the "Assign" button.

When you add a post in a non-default language, you can also choose the original post to the bottom right (translation-of.png).

IMPORTANT: To be able to connect or disconnect two posts (or pages), you need to have the native WordPress editor active instead of Translation Editor. To activate the needed option, you need to:
1. Go to WPML->Translation Management->Multilingual Content Setup.
2. In the "How to translate posts and pages" section, choose the "Create translations manually" option and save changes.

September 18, 2017 at 12:06 pm #1375148

jamesW-8

hi Joanna,

Thank you for your reply. Let me try this first. If any issue will send you message.

September 20, 2017 at 2:47 pm #1378006

Joanna

Hello @jamesw-8,

Did you manage to try the solution? If not, don't worry. There's no rush.
Please let me know if you have any doubts or questions about changing the post language.

September 26, 2017 at 7:11 am #1383064

jamesW-8

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for your instructions in details.

I am translating posts from IN to EN. I have one query , at front language dropdown shows IN language ( but after moving all posts from IN to EN i dont want IN lang in dropdown.) we cannot remove IN lang from backend right ?

What happen i remove directly IN lang. will my all posts will be moved to default IN automatically ?

hidden link