If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Placing the language switcher in the top bar I was not able to show it horizontal. It takes too much space showing it vertical. On my current project I'mm using just 2 languages.
Solution:
Add this CSS:

.elementor-location-header .elementor-element-populated .elementor-nav-menu li.wpml-ls-item {
    display: inline-block;
}

to the Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS area to make the language switcher be displayed on the same line.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rosmarieF 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 10:44 am #4135049

rosmarieF

Hello Radu,
on desktop and laptops it work fine.
I think that it shows wrong in Safari and Chrome if you use smartphones with 5" and smaller

kind regards
Rosmarie

July 4, 2019 at 9:50 am #4142063

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Rosmarie,

I checked the Italian version once again using an iPhone 7 device (which has 4.7" screen) with Chrome and Safari and everything looks fine. I tried to access different pages too but everything still looks fine (see the attached screenshot). Can you try to clear the cache of the browser? Maybe the wrong style of the language switcher is cached and that's why it looks like no change was applied.

Thanks,
Radu

July 7, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4157689

rosmarieF

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!