This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raul Pina 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 25, 2014 at 9:51 pm #517815

billT

After creating a translation what is the proper way to remove it later if I wanted?

As a test I created a translation of my homepage. After using the move to trash function it actually seems to have either moved the original page to the trash or will not allow me to change the front page back to homepage because the translation is not found.

Thanks

November 25, 2014 at 11:24 pm #517854

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

On the top bar of the WordPress dashboard, you have a language selector. You may have to delete the wrong page in the default language.

To remove the translated page, you must switch the language in the top bar and select the page you want to remove, just as you delete a normal page. Note that you have to "empty the trash," after you remove a page.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

November 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm #518475

billT

I believe this has solved my issue.

August 15, 2019 at 11:07 pm #4403785

Raul Pina

I created an empty page, then I add some content from the original contacts page.
Translated the page and it's empty 🙁