This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3691961

suleymanK

Hi,

i read the old topics but couldn't put language switcher in top right corner?

April 26, 2019 at 11:42 pm #3693559

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi.

Thanks for contacting us. It depends on how the theme is created. What is the URL of your site? Exactly where do you want to add the language selector?

Thank you.

April 26, 2019 at 11:45 pm #3693561

suleymanK

Hi,
hidden link

I want to put it instead of the red button (Randevu Al)

April 26, 2019 at 11:46 pm #3693563

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 27, 2019 at 11:29 am #3695305

suleymanK

Any news? Thanks.

April 29, 2019 at 7:28 am #3700545

suleymanK

??

April 30, 2019 at 1:02 am #3707067

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. On weekends I did not work.

When I try to access your site, this message is displayed: ERROR: Invalid username or password.

Please, could you check? If necessary, you can edit your credentials in your private message above, which is displayed highlighted.

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 9:26 am #3710041

suleymanK

Hi Bruno,

i fixed it. Please, try the information above again. You should be access..

April 30, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3713831

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I'm not sure if it's possible to add the language selector in the location you want without much custom coding. It looks like you'll need to edit the header.php file for your theme to include a call to the language selector.

Unfortunately, the FTP information also seems to be incorrect so I can not see the files of your theme.

It looks like your theme will need to use a WPML action so that the language selector is displayed in the location you want: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#using-php-actions

If you that I check, please check the FTP credentials so I can look at the files of your theme.

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 5:09 pm #3713839

suleymanK

Hello,

i updated the informations. Please check it again. By the way i use directadmin panel so you can use panel as well.

April 30, 2019 at 5:54 pm #3713975

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I added the language selector to your specification. Note that I have added the code below into the file wp-content/themes/petro/template-part/top-bar.php

<?php do_action('wpml_add_language_selector'); ?>

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 6:01 pm #3714009

suleymanK

The facebook and instagram icons and links disappeared in top left corner on mobile but it is ok, i ll fix it.

Thank you so much Bruno for the best support! Many many thanks.

April 30, 2019 at 6:08 pm #3714017

Bruno
Supporter

Glad to hear that it now works. Note that I have added some CSS in WPML> Languages > Additional CSS also to set the language selector.

Thank you.