This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I want to register WPML on a site hosted on a local server

Solution: It's still possible to do it, copying the full URL of your local site and register the site normally in https://wpml.org/account/sites/

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by edouardS-5 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 8, 2018 at 12:49 pm #2624699

anneg-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi, I am running a local version of WordPress for development under MAMP on my Mac. It has a url like localhost/mysite. How can I use wpml in this dev environment when the site I am using it on is not on the Internet?

August 8, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2625500

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

you can still use WPML on a local environment, we do it all the time on our local servers to test issues. Just proceed to copy the full URL of your local site and register the site normally in https://wpml.org/account/sites/

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

January 12, 2019 at 7:28 pm #3083634

christosA-8

Hi Laura,

Sorry to butt in here:-)
So what happens when I take my site from local to live?
Can I delete the local registration? Or, do I just register the local site and leave it at that without needing to re-register the live?

Thank you for your reply

October 10, 2019 at 11:49 am #4729877

edouardS-5

Hello, i'd like to know what happens if i use a key to install WPML on a developement URL : will i loose one of my 3 websites included in my licence, or can i delete it and change withe the final URL when i put the website online ?

Thanks

Best regards