This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 1:37 am #4224759

jacobH-7

I am trying to: hide completed items in the translators translation queue.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The completed translations would only appear if the items were updated, or if I resent them back to be translated.

Instead, I got: translation queue displays ALL completed translations... Very difficult for translators to find the items that need to be translated.

July 17, 2019 at 8:02 am #4227063

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I do not think there is a way - as you know, you can only cancel jobs that are waiting for translators (in the translation jobs within translation management). However, you cannot remove already completed jobs.

But how about filtering? Have a look at my image - so on the translations, they can simply filter jobs according to whether they are in progress or completed.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 17, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4230115

jacobH-7

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the response. Can I submit a feature request here? To me, this doesn't make sense. The only items that should be in the translation queue should be the items that need to be translated, not the items that are done and do not need to be translated. Perhaps you could add an option that would say, "Remove Completed Translations from Translations Queue."

If the primary language entry is updated, those "completed" translations could be automatically placed back in the queue for updates. The translation manager could also place them back in the queue manually.

I am using Events Calendar Pro, and there are hundreds of completed translations in the queue because I'm using recurring events, when in all reality, there should only be 10 items in the queue.

The filter doesn't work well because there is no option for "active" items (Both "Available To Translate" and "In Progress." My local translators need to see both at the same time. The set up right now is quite confusing to them, as they are not familiar with WordPress.

Does WPML have a hook that I could use to hide the completed items in the translation queue?

Thank you!

Jake

July 17, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4230267

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Jake,

We do have a suggest a feature form:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

But as for the issue, I have created a new translator (through translation management interface, so they are subscribers by default) and set few language pairs. This is what I see when I login as that translator - see which filters I have.

Is this not what your translators see, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 17, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4230463

jacobH-7

Hi Bruno,

Thank you, I'll submit the feature request.

Yes, the filter drop down is available to my local translators, but they may not click it. Some of them are not computer savvy. The easier the interface is, the better! 🙂

There should be a filter in that drop down that shows the translations that are assigned to the current user ("My translations"). Also, I noticed that the filters aren't assigned to the URL as parameters (Default WP functionality), which means that I can't send my translators a pre filtered link. I'll request that as well.

Thank you.

Jake

July 17, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4230605

jacobH-7

Bruno,

I've submitted the feature requests, thank you!

Jake

July 17, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4230673

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, the filter drop down is available to my local translators, but they may not click it.

I don't imagine it could go easier than this.

There should be a filter in that drop down that shows the translations that are assigned to the current user ("My translations")

When you create your translation jobs, you can assign each of the translation to individual translators and they will only see jobs you assigned them. Have a look at this example - I have sent the "sample page" translation of the German to one translator and the Japanese translation job to another one. You can see that "bruno" translator can see only the one which has been assigned to them.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 17, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4230863

jacobH-7

Hey Bruno!

Ah, this is interesting.

What I did, was I sent the posts with larger content to the translators using the translation management feature. Then for some of the smaller posts, I used my admin user to create translations (From the "page/post" itself by clicking add translation) automatically using the advanced translation editor's machine translation feature.

The problem is that my translators are seeing the completed translations that I created "outside of the translation management" interface.

What are your thoughts?

Jake

July 17, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4231401

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The problem is that my translators are seeing the completed translations that I created "outside of the translation management" interface.

It may be because these jobs weren't assigned specifically for them and at the time, they were able to take it (like jobs that aren't assigned to anyone specifically, so anyone with language pairs set for those translations would be able to take them).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 17, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4231599

jacobH-7

Hey Bruno,

I see that these jobs were translated by my admin user under "Translation Management" --> "Translation Jobs."

Should I submit a feature request that automatically assigns "translation jobs" to the person that created the translation, when this is done outside of the translation management interface (ie on the page / post itself)?

Jake

July 18, 2019 at 6:33 am #4235311

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Should I submit a feature request that automatically assigns "translation jobs" to the person that created the translation, when this is done outside of the translation management interface (ie on the page / post itself)?

Yes, it would make sense that other translators don't see it. However, I have just translated one page directly from that page ( and not through translation editor as job) and that page is not appearing in my queue. So the main idea is definitely that when you create new translation jobs, you assign them directly to your translators, and not use the " first available" option, is that would mean that all translators with the corresponding language pair will see them.

Regards,
Bruno Kos