This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 4:46 pm #4476055

rosmarieF

1) my fault was to duplicate a website and to build a new one on the old structure

2) the first language is fine but now I have to have the same version in the second language.

3) I would need to duplicate the design of the first language and to translate the content.

4) you can see the site here: hidden link

5) thi is the access to wp admin: ***Edited***

What do you reccommend to do? I'm very grateful for your help.

Thank you and kind regards
Rosmarie

August 28, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4476165

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Rosmarie,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed the appearance of your translated pages are entirenly different from your default lanaguage page.

In this case, as you have just two pages published here, I would recommend you to delete your current translated pages and add its translations again, this step will make sure your translated pages inherit all the appearance and styles defined in the default language pages. To delete your translated pages, proceed this way:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard change to your secondary language (italian in your case) using the top admin bar language switcher.

2 - Click to list all your pages in your WordPress Dashboard > Pages and send your pages to the trash clicking the red 'trash' link, then click tto open the trash from the hedar of your pages listing and deletem them permanently.

3 - Now add the translations again following our instructions at: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

August 29, 2019 at 8:09 am #4478577

rosmarieF

Dear marcos,
thank you for your kind support. I followed your instructions.

1. I deleted all Italian pages permanently (there were another 18 in the trash from before)

2. then I went to a page in edit modus, where I clicked to the +plus to add the Italian language. It opened the page of WPML to translate the text correctly

3. But now, .. doing a preview of the pages in the default language, all pages are bringing up Internal error 500.

Do you recommend to delete Elementor and elementor Pro and reinstall it or do you think we must delete and reinstall WPML? Other suggestions to get the pages running?

Thanks so much
Rosmarie

August 29, 2019 at 5:48 pm #4482931

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Rosmarie,

Thank you for the updates. At first place, we need to take a look in your error log files in order to understand the cause of your server issues (500 server internal error). For that, please, consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 30, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4488621

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Rosmarie,

Thank you for the updates. In this case we can try an alternative method for debugging your website, please, consider: To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

As regarding your question regarding to delete Elementor or WPML I don't recommend doing it now, let's identify the cause of your issue before any other step.

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

August 30, 2019 at 6:35 pm #4488903

rosmarieF

Hello Marcos,

thank you. I already created a duplicator file.
Here you can find the links to download:
hidden link

Please note. My Website is not published really.
I setted: Discourage search engines from indexing this site
because it is in phase of development. After finishing the translations we will transfer it to a new domain.

Kind regards
Rosmarie

PS: so I don't delete neither Elementor nor WPML until you have checked for the server error 500

August 30, 2019 at 8:15 pm #4489133

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Rosmarie,

Thank you for the updates. I will proceed with a detailed investigation regarding your issue. I will be back with a reply on the next monday as for today my work shift is over. Thank you for your understanding and patience, have a nice day.

August 31, 2019 at 7:08 am #4490361

rosmarieF

Thank you Marcos,
enjoy your weekend,

many greetings
Rosmarie

September 2, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4499399

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Rosmarie,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a solution. I took a detailed look in your website using the provided duplicator package and couldn't reproduce the issue. In my tests the pages works properly either in the default language or secondary language. In your case, please, try the following:

0 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements to run WPML.

See: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

1 - Enable the WP_DEBUG mode and reproduce the issue, then go to your error log file and let me know its content after your tests.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML and Elementor related ones and try to reproduce the issue, if the issue doesn't happen, then activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

September 2, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4499667

rosmarieF

Hello Marcos,
Thanks. I tried to debug changin config.php to this values
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
but I couldn't see debug text. so I returned to "false"

Then I deactivated all plugins but not elementor / elementor pro and WPML
As soon I deactivated also elementor and elementor pro and I reactivated it
the design in the german version (default version) was quiet good.
Please have a look now. royal.profiwebmedia.com

I had to change the header in the Italian verson, there was an old header from the previous homepage. Now I have some difficulties to get the Italian menu worked.
Can you please inform me about the next steps?

I was not able to see Italian pages.
Is it correct that I have to create 2 new menues in wordpress appearance? one main menue in in my case an additional Italian language menue?
Or will this be created trough WPML?

Kind regards
Rosmarie

September 2, 2019 at 9:57 pm #4500103

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Rosmarie,

Thank you for the updates. I see your header layout are the same for both italian and german, do you need anything different than that? As regarding the menu translation you would need to add an italian translation for your current default language main menu, see: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/ in order to learn more on how to properly translate your menu.

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

September 5, 2019 at 4:07 pm #4520685
rosmarieF

Hello Marcos,
thank you. Sorry for the late reply. I had some troubles in the meantime. my grandpa died and tomorrow are the funerals.
I still have some problems with the site.
I got an automatic email from WordPress regarding the error.
Can you help me?

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Media.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 130 of the file /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element))
#1 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(1201)
#2 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-inclu

New threads created by Marcos Vinicios Barreto and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-media-php-fatal-error/

September 5, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4521771

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Rosmarie,

We all really sorry for your grandpa, hope you be okay soon. As regarding this new issue, I will split this ticket in order to deal specifically with one ticket per issue, it helps to keep our forum organized and help our customers to find answers for their issues on a topic based. If the issue of this ticket is solved, please mark this topic as solved. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.