Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
March 9, 2019 at 8:49 am #3297388

yunfeiS

I want to rename the value of one string, could you tell me how to do?
Any reply is appreciated.

March 9, 2019 at 8:59 am #3297472

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble in chat, I am not sure what happened, chat got disconnected somehow.

Could you please let me know the details of the issue.

Thank you

March 9, 2019 at 9:23 am #3297566

yunfeiS

I want to rename the value of the string as it shows in the image below

March 9, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3298300

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

It seems you want to modify original strings that coming from some plugin/theme.
1) To change this, you must edit the strings directly in the file of your theme/plugin.
After edit that string, you need to scan your theme/plugin again.
To do this, first edit the strings in the necessary files. Then click on the WPML >> Theme and plugins localization. Make sure the option "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" is selected.
Scroll down and look the "Strings in the theme". Click on the "Scan the theme for strings" button.
If the strings are in the plugin, scroll down, and look for "Strings in the plugins". Select the correct plugin and at the end of the page, click on the "Scan the selected plugins for strings" button.
Then again in WPML >> String Translation, you can translate the new string.
Or
2) You can try this workaround:
- Go to WPML >> Languages >> Add new language and add a random language.
- Scroll Down and hide the new language.
- Go to WPML >> String Translation and find the string you want to edit in the default language.
- Select it and click on "change selected strings language" option from dropdown and change the language to the new "dummy" language you just added.
- Now you should be able to see the option to "translate" it in the original language.

Thank you

March 10, 2019 at 3:44 pm #3304665

yunfeiS

I modifed the file of my plugin, and scan it in wpml, but it didn't work out.

March 10, 2019 at 5:03 pm #3305501

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

To further debug this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please let me know plugin name in which you have modified string.

Thank you

March 26, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3463671

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for login details. Could you please let me know where I see updated or new string in frontend of your site? If you can send me page URL/screenshot it would be great.

Thank you

March 26, 2019 at 5:14 pm #3465019

yunfeiS

When you check out, it will present options to select the payment method.
I need to modify 支付宝 to Alipay, and some others.

March 27, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3471487

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for the info, I have tried few things to make it work but no success yet, I will update you later today.

March 27, 2019 at 3:29 pm #3472699

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have thoroughly checked and debug this issue and find out that there is some compatibility issue in the ‘WooCommerce Alipay Interface’ plugin that you are using in the site.

I can not find this plugin in our verified compatibility plugin list: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

I recommend you to please ask ‘WooCommerce Alipay Interface’ plugin author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their plugin and WPML or fix this issue.

If you still want to modify plugin code then you need to do custom coding to achieve it. We cannot consult much on the custom code or requirements (https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/), as it falls in custom programming work for your site, we recommend contacting one of our certified service providers for such cases: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Thank you

March 28, 2019 at 2:38 pm #3482459

yunfeiS

I want to disable wpml first, then enable it. If I do that, will the translations I did before disapper?

March 28, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3483321

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

You can disable/enable WPML and all your data will be kept saved but we suggest to take a full site backup first as a good practice.

Thank you

March 30, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3498631

yunfeiS

nothing

March 31, 2019 at 8:34 am #3501385

Noman
Supporter

[ Changing ticket status ]

The topic ‘[Closed] How to rename the value of one string’ is closed to new replies.