This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pierreD-23 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 4:37 pm #4382403

pierreD-23

We've first created all our products in English. Then translated each of them into French. Same with product categories. For some reason, several French products are not in the correct categories. I don't know if this is a mistake from the person who has translated the product and categories or a problem with the plugin...

But, as all English products are in the right categories, is there a way to remove all the French products from their current categories, then ask WPML to perform a resync, i.e. assign the correct translated category based on the English products ?

I also checked that each English category has a translation.

Thank you.

August 13, 2019 at 12:35 am #4383961

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

i have test this issue on my local environment and was not able to reproduce it with WPML alone. (possibly happened during translation or due to a 3rd party plugin )

please go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings->Support(bottom of the page)-> sync products categories (display type, thumbnail)

let me know your results

August 13, 2019 at 6:47 am #4385369

pierreD-23

Hi Bobby, I tested that, but did not fix the issue. Do you think I can simply remove all categories from French products with a db query, then use the function you mention to reassign the French products translation to their respective categories based on their English product counterpart ? Now, I can backup my database and give it a try!
Thanks,

August 13, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4390247

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

By default the product category of your translations should be the translation of your default language's product category.

ex. Product = "Keyboard " in default language is assigned to prodcat

when you make the translation to the secondary language it should be automatically be assigned to prodcat's translation.

Now if there is no translation for the category when you go to translate the product within the WPML Translation Editor there will be an option to manually assign the product category which creates the translation of the product category.

from the backend it is not possible to access the translated product and uncheck the assigned product category

please go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Categories and review your categories , their assigned languages and translations

then go to the hierarchy synchronization tab and run it

if this does not fix the issue i would like to take a closer look at the backend

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

August 17, 2019 at 7:31 am #4409507

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i have tried accessing the backend but the above URL does not work for more, i also tried using the credentials on the site and they did not work as well i have re enabled the private field reply

I believe taking a quick look at the backend will allow me to get a better idea of what is going on, as i do believe there is a possibility the issue might be due to user error

I also created a sandbox environment where we can safely test your database query theory, if you would like to share the query with me

August 22, 2019 at 10:51 pm #4443099

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you it is working as expected now

if possible please provide me with some products that are experiencing this issue so i can make sure i am looking at the same products with you to make it easier to debug

August 24, 2019 at 11:11 am #4451545

pierreD-23

My issue is resolved now.