This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by editoraS 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
October 30, 2013 at 9:07 am #284122

jerremyW

Hi,
I installed the WPML plugin before but I decided to install it after I finished the website in 1 language. Now I installed the WPML plugin again, and the settings of the older version of the website are still set for WPML. Meaning that I have to re-do the styling for a lot of languages, again.. Can somebody please tell me how to reset the WPML settings, so that I can install it as a fresh (empty) plugin again.

October 30, 2013 at 9:18 am #284137

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Dear Jerremy,

It's because WPML saved settings in your database ,if you have no translation yet. Try go to WPML > Support > troubleshooting > Reset PRO translation configuration, select check-box "I am about to reset the ICanLocalize project setting." and click to the button "Reset all languages data and deactivate WPML".

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thanks,
Andrey

October 30, 2013 at 9:46 am #284172

jerremyW

When I do what you described, the settings of the plugin still remain. I just want to empty all the WPML database tables, so I can install it as a new plugin. The settings I had before, need to be reset.

October 30, 2013 at 10:34 am #284223

jerremyW

Or can I just remove all the WP_ICL tables from my database?

October 30, 2013 at 10:47 am #284239

jerremyW

I eventually found the solution, by using the plugin in English.

May 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3885307

editoraS

Hi,
I have a similar problem, Can you tell me about the solution please?

Thanks!