Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3322433

Makarand Mane

We don't want to generate multiple terms slug for categories of each language.
Is there any option to restrict them to single category(term) for multiple languages.

March 13, 2019 at 10:51 am #3332215

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Makarand,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

By default, the categories should have the same slug for each language. But maybe I don't understand exactly what would you like to do. Is there any chance that you could send me a link to a post/page where the category slug is different, please? I want to check it out and see exactly what you want to do.

Thanks,
Radu

March 13, 2019 at 2:44 pm #3334867

Makarand Mane

1) When we translate any category in different language it generate another term id in another language for particular category title, so we don't want like this.

2) When user in French language & he creates course on fronted in French language, he can't find course in another language. So what is the solution for this?

hidden link
hidden link

Check category drop-down menu. Sub-Categories not coming on translated categories.

March 14, 2019 at 9:20 am #3341919

Radu
Supporter

Hey Makarand,

1) I thought that you just want to use the same slug. A different ID is needed because each language needs to have its own category, even if the same slug is used. You cannot use the categories from from a different language. Having things changed the way you want would cause some problems both in the that WPML and WordPress works.

2) If you create a course in French, it will be visible only on the French pages. As I understand from your message, you want to be able to see the courses you create all over the website, no matter what language you select. In this case, I think that you can try this:

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation;
  • select the Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language option for the courses post type.

Please give this a try and tell me if it's what you're looking for.

Thanks,
Radu

March 15, 2019 at 7:14 am #3351651

Makarand Mane

Hi,

I have try second option & it will work only for default language as we set as a English not work for Spanish language.

Is there any option or hook to created course on fronted in French language & automatically duplicates in another languages like English & Spanish.

March 15, 2019 at 7:39 am #3351715

Radu
Supporter

Hey Makarand,

The only hook that might be helpful is https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_admin_make_post_duplicates/. However, you need to take care of the rest of the code. If you want, there's one more option. You can duplicate courses on batch by using the method presented here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/#batch-duplicating. I'm pretty sure that this would do the trick for you (and it's very easy to use).

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] How to restrict number of terms(category) for each language’ is closed to new replies.