Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eminiA 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 27, 2014 at 10:00 pm #500476

eminiA

Hello, I recently got support from your team with the problems I had to translate string to Albanian language. But I marked it as solved before I got the last questions answer. Can you tell me please how did you add this:

Select strings within context: plugin_woocommerce
At the string translation menu the plugin_woocommerce wasn't listed on the dropdown menu.. How can I add this ? DO I need to scan for this string from somewhere ?

Second questions is where are saved these strings which I am translating from String translation menu or if they aren't how can I save them?

October 28, 2014 at 12:21 pm #500908

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello.
Please review the post here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-need-to-translate-store-pages-cartcheckoutshopaccount-to-three-languages/
I have added description of the solution there.

October 28, 2014 at 2:11 pm #501031

eminiA

Ok now I have another problem with the products if you can help me please. I translated the woocommerce strings the ones I needed to translate. Now I wanted to start with creating Product Categories and Add the products in Albanian language first as default language then to translate them in other languages.

This is what I have done:
I created product Categories in Albanian, after that I add new categories as translation of original ones (Albanian lang.) --> screenshot-1 below.

After that I started to create products in Albanian and I planned after that to translate them one by one in other languages, but after I publish it when I press View product I get: 404 Error Page not found.
-->screenshot-2

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do. I don't want to have English language added these three languages are enough. And I want albanian to be default language.

October 28, 2014 at 2:17 pm #501049

George Botsev
Supporter

I think that you have to create the product with the default language first in order for this to work.

October 28, 2014 at 3:54 pm #501182

eminiA

I am creating the product first in Albanian which is set as defaut language , or you mean in English ?

October 28, 2014 at 3:56 pm #501190

George Botsev
Supporter

You could try to translate this via WPML >> WooCommerce Multilingual >> Products

I hope this helps you.

October 30, 2014 at 7:43 pm #503115

eminiA

I need a little more help for the dropdown language switcher,while working on the site suddenly I saw that the little nav-arrow icon from the dropdown menu was gone and in that place showed something laike in the image below.

The url is here: hidden link

October 31, 2014 at 7:57 am #503278

George Botsev
Supporter

I have visited your site and I cannot see the problem shown on your screenshot.
Perhaps you have fixed this?

October 31, 2014 at 12:27 pm #503488

eminiA

I founded where the issue was. The icon was from theme style.css it had a ::after class for the icon using Font Awesome as font-family but there was incorrect format of the content it is typed content: "f107";
in the place of content: "\f107"; But i don't know why I edited the style.css saved it but it again shows as "f107" for that I replaced the name of the class for ::after pseudo class.

October 31, 2014 at 12:34 pm #503495

George Botsev
Supporter

Yes, this looks like font awesome problem, but I have tested your site on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and I cannot see this problem showing up.
Please clear your browser cache and check again.
I am not sure why you cannot see the flag infront and why this is displaying in the back.

October 31, 2014 at 3:11 pm #503654

eminiA

No the flag is showing and that f107 is removed but I don;t know why the theme style.css removes the \ character in the content variable. Anyway now is good thanks for the support