This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to Use Access Plugin to Create Editors for Specific Language Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-to-use-access-plugin-to-create-editors-for-specific-language/

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by kevinA-5 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 7:41 pm #3275847

patrikK-3

I try to find how I can set an editor to be able to create, see, edit only in her own language. Should not translate from any other language but only be able to create new posts and edit their own.

--
Is there any documentation that you are following?
---
Im looking on this, but cant get it to work... some of these functions like add a user, dont work.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-to-use-access-plugin-to-create-editors-for-specific-language/?utm_source=access&utm_medium=admin-tabs&utm_term=Access%20Control%20for%20WPML%20groups&utm_campaign=access

I have added Custom roles (norweigan editor, Finland editor) added the users to those roles
Added WPML groups "Norsk Bokmål Posts" "and Finska Posts".
In those Groups i selected "Publish, Delete own, Edit and translate own and read" (all "Any" is deselected to the two groups.

I try to add users via the user-icon in the bottom, but i cant search any users in the "search-field" its grayed-out.

If i login with one of the users that i added to the two grups, i still see all languages (swdish, norweigan and finnish"
I want the finnish editor ONLY to se the finnish content and add only to that language. Same about the Norweigan role, only norweigan language.

lik to site
hidden link

March 7, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3284830

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 21, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3407043

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am checking your site and documentation and the first thing I see is this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-to-use-access-plugin-to-create-editors-for-specific-language/#users-and-roless

"For the editor and the translator, it is recommended to assign the subscriber role to them, as this ensures that they will only have the permissions that we will assign to them in the following sections."

It does not seem that you have subscribers on your site (that would be translators later)?

german_editor in this tutorial would not be a role, but only an example user - they would have a Subscriber role.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 21, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3407403

patrikK-3

hello,
thanks for your support!
i do have subcribers, but is used by other usertype to access a custom posttype.

we need to know that they are not only translators, they are editors of their language page and need to access other things.
not only subscribers/translators. they can publish seperate posts and pages of their own. not only translate content any one else has written.

March 22, 2019 at 8:35 am #3438567

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

So you've created new Roles for this? If yes, have you considered which capabilities have you assigned them?
https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities#Roles

Perhaps it is about capabilities you are granting them.

May I suggest that you reach out our WPML contractors for a possible quote on this, as it seems to me that with new custom roles this may fall into custom work that it outside of what we can support here?
https://wpml.org/contractors/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 22, 2019 at 9:21 am #3438827

patrikK-3

I think you missunderstand me.

I have not created any customization with any other code or tool than toolset access.
I have only used toolset access to create the new Custom Role as i showed in my images.

I added the users to the Custom role of "Norweighan Editor" and "Finnish editor," but i dont know how to make them only access their language. They shall be able to Add, edit and delete their own posts, pages and so on. they may not only be translators of other languages (we dont work like that).
They have to be editors of ther own language but NOT access the other languages. They will only add their own posts and almost never translate.

The only thing i need is that the users may not access other lanuges then their own.
If i login as a finnish editor, i can not add to swedish or norway
If i login as a norwegan editor i can not add to swedish and finnish
If i login as swedish, the other hand, i can access all languages

Do you understand what i mean ?

March 22, 2019 at 1:36 pm #3440745

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've created an editor for the Finland and checked all the settings, but I don't see where the issue is coming from, since I can create pages/posts in all the languages while everything seems to be set correctly and I should only be able to do it in Finish language.

I will try to follow these instructions in detail on my clean sandbox, perhaps that will give me some ideas on why this isn't working as it should and whether there's some bug involved here. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

This is the main issue of this ticket, just to confirm?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 22, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3440825

patrikK-3

Thanks!
Yes, this is my main issue, that Norweigan and Finnish editors can access all languages but the should not.
Only swedish will be allowed to access all languages.

Finnish editor -will NOT- be allowed to access swedish or noweigan
Norweighan editor -will NOT- be allowed to access Swedish or finnish
Swedish -WILL- be allowed to access ALL languages!

March 25, 2019 at 2:01 pm #3454455

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It definitely seems like something not working here properly. I've asked our developers on this and will keep you posted. See these images I sent them - if I missed something here, let me know, otherwise let's wait until we hear from developers.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 26, 2019 at 10:19 am #3461353

patrikK-3

I think you got other errors than me.
But yes. i beleve ýou got them all i also have

April 29, 2019 at 7:14 am #3700447

patrikK-3

Can we reopen this ?!

September 3, 2019 at 7:41 am #4501741

kevinA-5

Is there a solution to this yet?