This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 7:10 pm #4071453

malgorzataS

Hi,

hidden link suposed to be german site, although I don't speak this language, so I had to start whole work with english content all along hidden link.

Today:
- I have installed WPML for hidden link,
- I have marked current content as an english translation,
- I have selected two languages: english and german
- I have added german translations

and now I am fighting with last problem: how to set german as the default language for SITE CONTENT, BUT WITHOUT affecting WordPress CMS and Divi Builder?

When I choose german language as the default - it changes everything, including WordPress CMS etc, which is not what I wanted:/. I need to set german versions as the default when You open hidden link, and english should be an option with the parameter hidden link, but with all my wordpress tools still in english.

Could You help me, please?

June 23, 2019 at 5:20 am #4072579

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! ?

You can change your backend language from Users>Your Profile Language : hidden link

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied to the specific user account.
If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify it.
Otherwise the backend will be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

And for your front end language you can change / select it here : WPML > Languages > Site Languages > change default language : hidden link

Hope, this will help you.

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.