This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 8:18 pm #4325043

jan-willemv-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I wonder what is the best practice to follow. We first want to concentrate to make this website bi-lingual English and Dutch. Later on, we want to add maybe another language as German or French.
The question is how to go about this. Shall we put-in German and French right away from the start a selected languages and get around it during working on the translation to Dutch? Or can we add the selection of other languages like German or French later on? What is the best approach for this? Thank you for explaining.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, I can't find anything about this starting problem in the tutorials.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not that I know of.

What is the link to your site? hidden link
That is known to you already

August 1, 2019 at 8:44 pm #4325093

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

really either way would be Ok

1. You could add them now and go to WPML->Languages->Hide Languages and then set them to be hidden, this will allow you to start working on them whenever you are ready but they will be hidden from your visitors

[Option #1 would be ideal if you wanted to work on them slowly but not yet show them to the visitors ]

2. You could create your site and add the new languages once ready

The topic ‘[Closed] How to set language and when?’ is closed to new replies.