This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 8:01 am #2766311

zlochevskayaM

Hi, I try to set different subdomains for different languages but I am not sysadmin and I have some problems with this manual: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/
I store my site at one hosting company and my main domain registered in other hosting company and I dont understand where I need to do this steps:
- cPanel setup (Using Cpanel automatically adds the necessary DNS and HTTP entries, so you need to do only this in order to prepare your server)

The same problem with manually setup, where I need to add this code?
DocumentRoot "/var/www/www.example.com/webroot"
ServerName example.com
ServerAlias example.de

Can you help please?

September 26, 2018 at 2:56 pm #2767766

zlochevskayaM

Update.
I talk with my hosting company and as I understood I can manually setup subdomains only.
For now I create A-record for each subdomains. And next need to add some code? In which file? In htacces? Or where?

September 27, 2018 at 10:24 am #2770083

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I guess since you host your both setups the Cpanel option will not work here. Since you already added the A-records, you should now add the code in your apache server setup.

The best way to do this is to ask your hosting provider how to add codes on Apache server setup. You can also let me know that you are trying to create an alias of the main domain using subdomains so if there are different steps that need to be done differently on the hosting, they can recommend you.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 27, 2018 at 11:51 am #2770366

zlochevskayaM

Thanks for answer, I contcact with my hosting company again and added alias for subdomains in admin panel and all working fine. So I have:
cz.partizanstore.eu - CZ language
sk.partizanstore.eu - SK
de.partizanstore.eu - DE
etc.

But for now I want to change ONLY for CZ current subdomain to other domain. Is this possible?
I want to setup my WPML switcher like this:
partizanstore.cz - CZ lang
sk.partizanstore.eu - SK lang
de.partizanstore.eu - DE lang
ru.partizanstore.eu - RU lang
partizanstore.eu - ENG lang (my default language in admon panel)

What I need to do for this? I need to add partizanstore.cz also as alias in hosting admin panel?

September 27, 2018 at 1:12 pm #2770666

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Yes, you need to add it as an alias and it will work properly.

Thanks