If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Display the default language posts in the secondary language if the translation does not exist.

Solution:

If the post is being displayed on the index page of your site, in the home, you can select which posts the original language to be displayed in the secondary language, if the translation does not exist.

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Blog posts to display - Select the "All posts (display translation if it exists or posts in default language otherwise)." option - Click on the "Save" button.

If the posts are not being displayed in the homepage, you need to duplicate the posts to the "translations" are synchronized with the default language.

- Open the desired post - Look at the "Language" box - Select the "Duplicate" option - Click on the "Duplicate" button.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-using-content-duplication/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lisa Hayes 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 4, 2016 at 1:58 am #779770

Lisa Hayes

I am trying to: display all the news items (blogs written in English with category News) in the French version of the site.

I have the WPML setting "blog posts to display" set to ALL, but it is not showing any posts on the French pages. (see screenshot)

When I was setting up WPML, I translated the Category for News (to Nouvelles) and now the modules will not show the English versions in the modules. I have news displayed on the ACCUEIL page, just above the footer: hidden link; and Nouvelles page - hidden link

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: I would like to the English news posts on the French pages.

What I got: the page widgets have the title but no content.

January 4, 2016 at 12:30 pm #780124

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Lisa,

The option "All posts (display translation if it exists or posts in default language otherwise).", works only in the main loop and on the index.php page of your theme. The option has this description:

"Please note that this setting affects only blog posts queried by the main loop in a theme's index.php template."

If you want want the English posts are displayed in both languages, you must synchronize the post. You can read the step by step in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-using-content-duplication/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

January 5, 2016 at 3:04 am #780722

Lisa Hayes

I had a really hard time trying to find the Translation Dashboard - it was missing on my site. Then I realized that it is part of the "WPML Translation Management" plugin, which I didn't install, because I am not planning any workflow for translation. But now I see that it has other benefits, so I just installed it.

Problem fixed. Many thanks.