This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.
This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
How to use the language code in the default language URL too.
1. Go to WPML -> Languages
2. Go to Language URL format
3. Choose "Different languages in directories"
4. Check the "Use directory for default language" checkbox
5. On "What to show for the root URL" select "HTML file"
6. On the HTML file name field insert "lang.php"
7. Now go to your site root folder through FTP and create a new file named lang.php
8. In the lang.php file please paste the following code:
<?php header( 'Location: http://yoursite.com/it/' ) ; ?>