This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

The need:
The user wants to display different Bank Account Numbers for each language (the data is set under WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > BACS > Account Details )

The solution:
Actually the bank account information is being saved in op_name = 'woocommerce_bacs_accounts' in the table wp_options .

According to the guide in http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ , you should add the following code in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/wpml-config.xml . The code is right before the ending tag . Then you can translate under WPML > String Translation

<key name="woocommerce_bacs_accounts">
    <key name="0">
        <key name="account_name" />
        <key name="account_number" />
        <key name="bank_name" />
        <key name="sort_code" />
        <key name="iban" />
        <key name="bic" />
    </key>
    <key name="1">
        <key name="bank_name" />
        <key name="sort_code" />
        <key name="iban" />
        <key name="bic" />
    </key>
</key>

In this case, I have 2 bank accounts so I have 2 key groups and

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adam 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
October 21, 2014 at 12:02 pm #496111

Adam

Hello,

I wonder how to display different checkout bank account numbers for each language version (BACS data).

I've enabled "Auto-register strings" and added lines to wpml-config.xml as explained in this thread https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-translate-bank-details/.

Unfortunately bank account numbers still won't appear on String translation page.

I did an CSS hack to replace bank account numbers for each checkout page (bellow), but I treat it as a temporary solution, because it has many drawbacks (like the fact that text isn't selectable).

<style>
.account_number {
	visibility: hidden;
	position: relative;
}
.account_number:after {
	visibility: visible;
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
	content: "Account Number: 00000";
}
.iban {
}
.iban:after {
	content: "IBAN: PL 00000";
}
.bic {
}
.bic:after {
	content: "BIC: ABCDEFGHIJ";
}</style>

Is there a way to display different accounts for each checkout page language version without this kind of improvisation?

October 22, 2014 at 9:05 am #496777

Dat Hoang

Actually the bank account information is saved in op_name = 'woocommerce_bacs_accounts' in the table wp_options . That's different from the ticket you refer above (it's very old - over 1 year ago).

According to the guide in http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ , you should add the following code in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/wpml-config.xml . The code is right before the ending tag </admin-texts>. Then you can translate under WPML > String Translation

<key name="woocommerce_bacs_accounts">
			<key name="0">
				<key name="bank_name" />
				<key name="sort_code" />
				<key name="iban" />
				<key name="bic" />
			</key>
			<key name="1">
				<key name="bank_name" />
				<key name="sort_code" />
				<key name="iban" />
				<key name="bic" />
			</key>
		</key>

In this case, I have 2 bank accounts so I have 2 key groups <key name="0"> and <key name="1">

October 22, 2014 at 5:49 pm #497369

Adam

It worked! Thank you 🙂