This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 10:32 am #4237481

richardE-6

Hello Radu,

It works nos, I van select pages for translation.

Another issue I was facing was the menu synch, how do I effectively get all the strings contains in menu translated so that when I click on menu synch I can get all the translated menu created ?

Regards,

July 18, 2019 at 10:43 am #4237595

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Richard,

Can you give me a few more details about what you're trying to do, please? Also, please attach again a link to your website so I can have a look at the menu. I'm sure we'll be able to sort this out in no time.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 12:45 am #4286377

richardE-6

Hello Radu,

I am trying to get my menu translated, when I click the menu synch some string are not translated and I can not find those string on string translation. The question is where are those strings ?

I also send you another picture because I can not find the string "online course to learn" even if I have translated that page.

Regards

July 26, 2019 at 8:47 am #4288447

Radu
Supporter

Hey Richard,

Can you edit again the French translation of the homepage, please? This time, two new fields should be available. Just add the translation for them and tell me how things work. As for the What do you want to learn today? text, you can translate it through String translation. I added a "test translation" just to check it out and it works fine. Please give this a try and tell me how things go.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 8:54 am #4288463

Radu
Supporter

Hey Richard,

Regarding the menu items, please make sure that all the elements from the English menu have a translation in French. Some pages like Gallery or Blog don't have a translation and that's why the menu sync option doesn't know what to add to the French menu.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4290937

richardE-6

Radu, I do see the two field now, my question is how did you manage to have those two field appear while translating the home page because they were not appearing when I tried. There are plenty of other field that are on this home page and still not appear. So how did you manage to make the two additional field appears so that I can keep working on this home page.

July 26, 2019 at 4:03 pm #4291013

richardE-6

Hey Radu, I definitely see that there are not translation for some menu items. My point was how could I translate the menu when I can not find where to translate them. Nothing on string, so how do I proceed ? I am stuck at this point.

July 29, 2019 at 11:33 am #4299237

Radu
Supporter

Hey Richard,

The two fields that were missing for translation because they are a part of the Thim: Courses Searching block. That block needed some custom XML configuration added to the Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab in order to let WPML "know" that there are two fields that need to be translated. Can you attach some screenshots with the other parts of the homepage that you need help with, please?
If you want to edit the French menu, you can go here hidden link. This way you'll be able to add or remove items from it as you did for the English one.

Thanks,
Radu

July 30, 2019 at 9:26 am #4306115

richardE-6

Hi Radu, please find attached print screen of other areas that need to be translated in the home page. Regards

July 30, 2019 at 10:00 am #4306645

richardE-6

Hi Radu,

Regarding the menu issue, I can t add the menu the way you describe it because there are some menu items that have not been translated and I do not know where to find them to translate them.

I have send you a print screen of the english menu structure and the same page in french. In the french version I do not even have the same number of item to be dragged because they still not translated yet. Based on your explanation I do not see how do I add Them

July 31, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4314827

Radu
Supporter

Hey Richard,

Can you edit again the homepage now, please? A few more elements are available now for translation (hidden link).

You can translate the What do you want to learn today? part through Dashboard → WPML → String Translation: hidden link.
Regarding the translation of the content from the footer, can you tell me how did you add it, please? This way I'll be able to find a way to translate it.

Once we take care of the homepage translation, we'll handle the menu translation too. Let's just take care of each, one by one.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] How to sync the menu’ is closed to new replies.