Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 2:31 am #2739405

reneeF-2

We use the WPML translation management system on our website and it's really useful. Our website is in French (original) and in English (translated). But we have one page that can't be translated identically because it contains a list of videos that are different in French and in English, and not all videos are available in English, so the list of videos would be shorter in English.

So our question is : can we deactivate the translation management for a single page in other to have a different content for the English translated page?

September 17, 2018 at 8:50 am #2740297

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for writing us!

I will be happy to help you with this.

While there is not an option to set which type of translation to use per individual pages, there is the option to switch back and forth between the Translation Editor and the native WordPress editor.

To change this go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup. Near the top of the page you should see the option to translate using the Translation Editor or you can switch to "Translate Manually" which will switch you to the native WordPress editor so you can edit the content.

Please let me know if this solved your request or if you need any further assistance. I will be happy to help.

September 23, 2018 at 8:53 pm #2758987

reneeF-2

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion of disabling the Translation manager. It worked, but that's not a real solution. If other colleagues want to work on other translations, they can't because the translation manager is disabled.

Could WPML add a simple option in the article, near the other article translation options, so we can selection if we want to deactivate the translation manager this specific post. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this issue...

September 24, 2018 at 7:58 am #2759603

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

If this is not a perfect fit for your current setup, please find below another way to accomplish what you need.

To use the manual translation when the Translation Editor is enabled, you just need to follow these steps:

• Open the original page
• Use the language selector on the top of the page to switch to manually edit the desired language
• WPML will show you a prompt for this and you need to select "Edit anyway"

Just as an advice: it is not good to mix translation methods on the same post/page so make sure that you will use the same translation method for each specific post/page.

Let me know how that works out for you.

September 27, 2018 at 7:25 pm #2771629

reneeF-2

Thanks for this other advice. But on our site where a few people update the content, how would the others know which method has been used for specific pages? Can I ask you to submit my idea as a feature request?

The idea is to simply add an option in the post editor to override the Translation manager system. This way, we could edit a specific page/post without worrying to overwrite the changes if someone tries to use the translation management system.

September 28, 2018 at 11:45 am #2773627

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Totally get your point! Thank you very much for your suggestion.

We added your idea to our feature list and will consider them.

If or when exactly our developers will add a new feature is not up to us to determine.

Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration. It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors. Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.