This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 10:25 am #4003007

aislinnT-2

Please tell me where I can find the settings in String Translation to translate the Last Item in the Menu defined in the Astra theme?

The link to the site in Baanuunjai.com
The language switcher works fine for all items except this one.

This menu item is defined in the Astra customizer and not through the WP Menus.

June 12, 2019 at 10:29 am #4003107

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. You can translate Customizer/Theme options text/strings by following this doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

June 12, 2019 at 10:55 am #4003211

aislinnT-2

Hello, I have found it but when I clicked on Apply, the strings do not show up. When I returned to the Translate texts in admin screens » Screen, the checkboxes for the strings were gone.

June 12, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4004373

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. In most cases a string is not fully enabled and this is due to too many options being saved at once on that page. To fix this issue, please increase MaxInputVars to 10000 or more. For this, please try to set this variable in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

3. After increasing max_input_vars value you need to tick all the required strings from WPML >> String Translations >> (at the bottom of page) “Translate texts in admin screens” >> and click on “Apply” button.

Then please go to WPML >> String Translation and you will see newly enabled values at the top of the page and ready for translation, add the translation for those strings and check Translation is complete checkbox and press the Save button.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] How to Translate and Repoint Last Item in Menu in Astra theme’ is closed to new replies.