This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 9:52 pm #3779503

charleneR-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to make sure that all confirmation emails in other languages are translated and correct. What is the easiest way to do this?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I couldn't find the procedure in your documentation.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I haven't done it yet.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
I'll check the cannot provide debug info cause you really don't need it to answer this question.

May 9, 2019 at 11:57 pm #3779889

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before giving you a detailed reply I would need some more details. What is the source of the confirmation emails, are they sent by a third party plugin? If so, in most cases you can make sure the confirmation messages are translated using the String Translations as you can read at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/. Please, let me know the details, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 10, 2019 at 6:54 pm #3787473

charleneR-2

Oh, sorry. Forgot to tell you that these are confirmation emails sent by woocommerce. I know how to translate strings. However, the only method I thought of was to try to view every single email set up in woo, write down all the strings and then search for them one by one, and then check to see if it looked like there was a translation. This is when I decided to submit a support ticket to find out what the easy way to do this is. Surely you have come up with a better way than that. All the strings for each email, or ideally all emails should be available in one place to double check. A lot of them seem to already be translated (highlighted in yellow). Is that what that means? Or at the very least, there should be an easy way to test all the emails and see previews to confirm that they are correct. Is there a way to do that? For example, a setting to send a set of preview emails to each translator for each language? - Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 6:18 pm #3801129

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The best method for now is to confirm there's already a translation for your WooCommerce transactional emails in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation under the 'woocommerce' text domain. Unfortunately there's no a setting for preview the emails for test purposes.

Something I would recommend as an aid to see which emails are currently translated is to go to WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > Emails Tab there you can check every email content and try to click the translation links in order to see if a translation is available.

Maybe you would need to scan your WooCommerce plugin in order to make all the strings available in the String Translation, you can achieve that from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Plugin > Theme and Plugin Localization settings. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.