This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 8:00 pm #4303349

dragiB

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm using careerfy theme and trying to translate theme dashboard and registration page translated in french.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Following WPML instruction only.
Is there a similar example that we can see?
sorry
What is the link to your site?
demo.rajabali.website

July 29, 2019 at 8:12 pm #4303357

dragiB

Anyone there?

July 29, 2019 at 8:40 pm #4303481

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

July 30, 2019 at 2:47 am #4304561

dragiB

there?

July 30, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4310251

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am currently reviewing your website in order to provide you with a solution, I noticed it has a complex setup with a mix of theme options, custom fields and different plugins.

This is why some detailed investigation in order to understand how and where these settings are stored is needed and this way to provide you with the instructions on how to get all these settings labels translated both for the registration modal dialog and for the user dashboard itself.

I would also need to experiment several settings and I don't know if it is possible to experiment these settings in your provided website, if not, we would need to migrate it to a test server so I can test it without interfering in your provided website. Which option is better for you? Please, let me know, so we can proceed with our support efforts. Have a nice day.

July 30, 2019 at 7:11 pm #4310291

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Ticket status update.

July 31, 2019 at 2:17 am #4311065

dragiB

Thanks for your response.
Please copy it to a test server so you can test it without interfering in my continue working on the website.

August 2, 2019 at 12:07 am #4325605

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The migration is now done, I will proceed with the troubleshooting process, I will let you know as soon as I am done. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

August 2, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4332471

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience while waiting for a solution. I tried using the migrated copy in the troubleshooting process, unfortunately there was some corrupt database tables which made the process hard, I created a duplicator package of your website in order to continue the troubleshooting process at my localhost. I will update you here as soon as I am done, thank you for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience these migration issues may caused for you. Have a nice day.

August 4, 2019 at 5:23 am #4335675

dragiB

Did you installed
Cloudways WordPress Migrator and Duplicator plugins?

If you have done may I uninstall these plugins?

August 6, 2019 at 2:00 am #4343365

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for you patience while waiting for a solution. As your theme works fully integrated with the WP Job Search plugin, you will need to translate these options on multiple places in order to have a login/registration form and your user dashboard page fully translated, here is how:

1 - Login/Registration Form.

All these strings are listed under the 'wp-jobsearch' text domain, so in order to translate them you can go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation select the 'wp-jobsearch' text domain and search for every relevant string of your login and registration forms and translate them.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Note: In the case of the 'Select Sector:' section of the registration form you will need to make sure all the sectors listed in your WordPress Dashboard > Sectors has a french translation for every sector taxonomy item.

2 - User Dashboard.

Again, go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation and make a general search for every strings/text showed in the user dashboard and translate them.

Note: Some strings showed in the user dashboard might come from options entered in your WordPress Dashboard > JobSearch Options settings, in these cases you will need to register these options for translations in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens . Please, refer to: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/ in order to learn more on how to translate these options.

You can now proceed with the Cloudways and Duplicator plugins deactivation.

I see you opened a duplicated ticket at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/why-translation-is-not-working-for-theme-dashboard-and-registration-forms/ we kindly ask you to keep the ticket in just one place, this way we can optimize our support efforts dedicating one ticket per issue.

Due the nature of your setup where we have multiple settings, fields and text domain, some extra hours were required to provide you with a detailed and accurate answer, instead of a basic and general answer.

Please, let me know if these instructions help to make your content fully translated or if you still see some untranslated content in your login/registration and user dashboard website cotent, so we can take another look and provide you with some more details. Have a nice day.

August 8, 2019 at 6:55 am #4360163

dragiB

Thanks for your detail respond.
let me complete this all and inform you.

I'm also closing the second ticket.
Thanks again.

August 8, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4363007

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, let me know when you are ready, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to translate Dashboard and registration form ?’ is closed to new replies.