Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by deanD-3 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
January 27, 2020 at 7:22 pm #5372197

Nicolas

Hi,

The WP Google Map Pro plugin doesn't seem to be fully compatible with WPML. So we are trying to translate some fields (categories, locations, etc) from the WP Google Map Pro by using the language short code wrappers: [en]english content[:en][fr]french content[:fr]. But that doesn't work... I remember a time where those language wrappers were working with WPML, did you stop supporting them?

Do you have any other advice on how to translate those fields?

[edited] I am confused, I though this post would be private with the WPML team so I deleted private information.

January 28, 2020 at 5:46 pm #5379749

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I asked my team colleagues regarding such feature, it doesn't seem something supported currently, the best method of translating plugins options currently is with the WPML String Translation addon, please refer to: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/ in order to learn the full details on how to translate your plugin options. Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

January 31, 2020 at 5:16 pm #5401747

Nicolas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

February 21, 2020 at 5:23 pm #5543171

deanD-3

hello there - how did you resolve this as having the same issue. thanks