Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:How to translate Home in The7 Breadcrumb?

Solution:review the solution here that was provided by The7 theme support https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-home-in-the7-breadcrumb/#post-4039067

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ka-chuS 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4022125

ka-chuS

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to do 3 things.

Part A, could you tell me how to translate "Home" in The7 Breadcrumb?

Part B, you can see that the breadcrumb is showing "..." instead of showing all the words. It's totally fine in English version no matter how many words there. However, it's not the same situation in my Chinese version. I searched many places and cannot find a similar problem that I am experiencing. Please help!

Part C, The position of the translator is not in the same line of the other items of the navigation bar. The translator is a bit lower than other items. Please suggest how to make it higher.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Part A,B,C are showing in this hidden link screenshot.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Sam

June 14, 2019 at 9:22 pm #4024337

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

HI There,

for Part A and B

Is the breadcrumb being generated by theme or plugin (maybe YOAST plugin?)?

It is usually possible to translate using the translator string. Please follow the steps below:
- Verify if you have the String Translator extension installed and activated.
- Go to WPML > String Translation, Search the Breadcrumb string (home) and translate it.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

For part C , please visit the front end and right click on the language switcher then inspect , you should be able to tweak the CSS to fit the desired look of your site and then add the required CSS in the additional CSS of your site (usually within Theme Options-> Additional CSS )

as the CSS for the switcher is controlled by the theme's CSS at most times and overrides WPML's default CSS?

let me know your results please

June 16, 2019 at 3:38 am #4029529

ka-chuS

Thanks for your quick reply!

I can translate “Home” now. Problem A solved.

For B, it’s the breadcrumb from The7 theme.

For C, I am sorry I am not very familiar with CSS technique. Can you tell me which class or id I should use to edit the CSS?

Thanks!

June 17, 2019 at 4:33 am #4032029

ka-chuS

Hello,

May I have any help, please?

June 17, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4037371

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

For B it seems that there is some sort of Truncation going on with your breadcrumbs ,if possible please contact your theme support regarding on how you can remove it and let me know their response as i was not able to replicate the issue on my local environment

For C , unfortunately being that most of the times theme CSS overrides our CSS i cannot tell for sure which class or id to target with CSS unless i am able to see the front end of your site.

being that the site is currently under development do you have any staging environment we could access from our side ?

June 18, 2019 at 1:33 am #4039067

ka-chuS

Thank you very much for your help!

For Part C, maybe just ignore it now.

For Part B, here is the solution provided by the theme support.

function increase_breadcrumb_word(){
return 7;
}
add_filter("presscore_get_breadcrumbs-current_words_num", "increase_breadcrumb_word");

Just put to Child theme Function.php and then adjust the Number to show more wordings.