Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jodineuf 10 years, 1 month ago.

Author Posts
July 15, 2010 at 1:29 pm #19089

forumuser001

PLUGIN: Clean-Contact, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/clean-contact/
The plugin comes with a clean-contact.mo file which I translated into Polish. However, I don't know what to do next. WPML doesn't recognize the translation.
When I go into WordPress admin area > WPML > Translation Sync... the checkbox for the Clean-Contact plugin is disabled. Description reads "WPML doesn't know how to translate this plugin. If it has texts that require translation, contact us by opening an issue in our forum: http://wpml.org/forums".
How can I get WPML to detect the translation file?

July 17, 2010 at 5:10 am #19091

Masino Sinaga

1) Go to: "WPML" > "Theme and plugins localization" > "Strings in the plugins".
2) Make sure you have already given the check mark on the plugin you want to translate.
3) Make sure you have already checked the "Load translations if found in the .mo files. (it will not override existing translations)" checkbox.
4) Click on the "Scan the selected plugins for strings" button, and wait for a moment, then you will see the results at the related row of your plugin, whether you need to translate the strings that needed to be translated.
5) If you want to edit the translation, go to: "WPML" -> "String translation", and select the plugin from the "Select strings within context:".

August 1, 2010 at 10:00 am #19092

jodineuf

I am having this same issue with simple-forum plugin. I have a .mo file with the strings translated, but WPML does not recognize it, even after following the steps you've indicated.

August 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm #19093

Masino Sinaga

@jodineuf,
Before you do all steps above, make sure you have already checked the "Translate the theme by WPML." option at the top of "Theme and plugins localization" page under the "WPML" menu.

August 1, 2010 at 7:38 pm #19094

jodineuf

Hi Masino,
Thanks for your reply. I already had this option checked. I just tried again to import the string translations via .po file, and this time it worked. I must have just done something wrong last time. Thanks for your quick response!

The topic ‘[Closed] How to translate plugin? (I already have a .mo file, but it's not detected)’ is closed to new replies.