This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.14 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
July 7, 2013 at 6:22 pm #142212

Marcus

Hi! I'm not sure wether it's the theme, woocommerce or WPML (even though I have the full paid version of WPML with string translation and all) but here goes:

I want to translate the dropdown sorting menu on the side on the shop page that has for example: "Sort by Popularity" and I can only find the source file to change it but then I change for all languages (I Have swedish and english) and it's nowhere to be found in the string translation section. Weirdly enough it does translate the first category which is "Default sorting" to swedish automatically, I have no idea how that happens.

The page is: hidden link

July 8, 2013 at 8:12 am #142328

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Marcus,

Unfortunately I could not access the link you provided. ('Server not found')

While I wait for a valid link can you please provide the plugin versions of WPML and its active add-ons?

Also, where is "Sort by Popularity" coming from? Your theme? A plugin? WooCommerce extension?

July 8, 2013 at 8:20 am #142335

Marcus

Ah sorry it's hidden link (not .com) I believe it's from woocommerce (since I found the source file in woocommerce/templates/loops if I remember correctly)

woocommerce version: 2.0.12
WPML Multilingual version: 2.3.2
WPML Multilingual CMS Version: 2.8.2
WPML String Translation: Version 1.7.1
WPML Translation Management: Version 1.6.1

Can't find it under the string translation section at all. The part is the drop down menu on the right side when you come to the page (the first one -as I mentioned- is in swedish for unkown reasons, the rest is in English)

July 8, 2013 at 8:41 am #142351

sarah.n
Supporter

Marcus,

Thank you for getting back to me.

May I ask you please to update your WPML and related add-ons to their latest versions?

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site. Instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#2 Only backup your database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like (search for WordPress backup plugins)

Now I searched for the string in question and I found it on my copy - please see attached screenshot.

I would suggest you rescan the plugin for strings and try again. Let me know how you get on.

July 8, 2013 at 9:23 pm #142634

Marcus

Thank you it worked 🙂 And I think it was because I forgot to scan the plugins in the first place but update is always good so thanks! 🙂

July 9, 2013 at 6:01 am #142656

sarah.n
Supporter

Wonderful! Glad to hear this is resolved 🙂