This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 5:33 am #2780349

karenK-9

Hi,

This is the only WP plugin that makes me crazy every time I try to use 🙁

Please help me.

How to translate texts that can be added in the Customer? hidden link Maybe the same approach will help me to translate Widgets in the Footer (can't find it either)

Hope this will help me to understand how to use your plugin.

thanks

October 2, 2018 at 5:41 am #2780360

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Since we only take one issue per thread, I am separating this ticket from your previous ticket, this will make users with similar problem search the solutions in future easily.

So, in order to translate the admin texts (Theme Options Fields) you need to create a language configuration file. Please follow the below steps:

1) Copy the following code in WPML->Settings-> Custom XML configuration

<wpml-config> 
<admin-texts>
<key name="my_theme_options">
<key name="option_name_1" /> 
</key> 
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

2) Replace the key name with the key name used to store the theme options into the wp_options table.

To understand how to find the key name, please follow the steps provided in the link: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/admin-string-translations/#post-1438841

3) Once you place the code there, go to WPML->Translation Management -> Multilingual content setup and refresh the page.

To find out more, https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Once you have created language configuration files you need to go to WPML->String Translation and search the strings that you have inserted in the theme options and translate it for the secondary languages.

For translating widgets in the footer, please view the following document: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

October 2, 2018 at 5:45 am #2780363

karenK-9

I dont understand. please video

October 2, 2018 at 6:23 am #2780433

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

We don't have a video tutorial for translation admin texts currently, I have created myself a video with steps I mentioned on your site so please view the following video and let me know if this helps: hidden link

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 2, 2018 at 6:26 am #2780441

karenK-9

thank you. i will try tomorrow. please dont delete the video. you are the best!

October 2, 2018 at 6:29 am #2780446

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, the video will be there, will wait for your feedback tomorrow.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to translate texts that can be added in the Customer?’ is closed to new replies.